A study personal statement is a written essay that helps you communicate your values to an admission committee. It tells your reviewer why you’re a good fit for the course and what addition you’ll make as a student.
When applying to the London School of Economics, you’re faced with the task of writing a personal statement for the London School of Economics and in this statement you have to address why you chose the London School of Economics and Political Science in the UK. So, we are presenting a sample which was submitted by another applicant to guide you when writing yours.
P.S: This sample Personal Statement provided here is solely for education purpose, do not copy it. If you need assistance writing yours, click here to hire our experts today.
Guidelines on how to write Personal Statement for MSc Management & Strategy for London School of Economics
You must upload a statement that explains your academic interest in, understanding of and academic preparedness for the programme(s) you are applying for. You should also explain the purpose objectives of your undertaking the programme(s) you are applying for. The statement of academic purpose is an important part of your application, and selectors are looking for evidence of your academic motivation and suitability, and of what you can contribute academically to the programme.
Your statement(s) should be typed and no longer than two sides of A4 paper. There is no fixed word limit, but we expect statement(s) to be no longer than 1,000 – 1,500 words.
In your statement(s), you may wish to discuss the following:
- Academic interests, strengths and background relevant to the programme(s)
- Areas of specific interest within the programme(s)
- Academic preparedness for the programme(s)
- Motivation for undertaking the programme(s)
- Academic ambitions and/or research interests related to the programme(s)
- Any professional aspirations, and how academic work within the programme(s) might help you realise such aspirations
- Other relevant information, such as additional reading or research, work or other relevant experience that has informed your decision to apply for the particular programme(s)
Please ensure that your statement(s):
- Are all your own work. If we discover this is not the case, your application may be cancelled
- Are well-written, well-structured and specific to the programme(s) applied for
- Are proofread before being uploaded, and the final correct versions are uploaded
- Only include that which is relevant to your programme choice(s). Additional information regarding unrelated extra-curricular activities, personal achievements or work experience should be included in your CV
- Have your name and the title of your chosen programme in the header or footer of every page
See other Samples:
- University of Plymouth, UK
- University of Algarve, Portugal
- University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Lund University, Sweden
- University of California, USA
- Brock University Ontario, Canada
- Ulster University, UK
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- New Brunswick, UK
- Uppsala University, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Warwick, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- McMaster University, UK
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Birmingham City University, UK
- James Cook University, Australia
- University of Sunderland, UK
- University of Hull, UK
- University of Westminster, UK
- University of Derby, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University Canada West, Canada
Sample: MSc Management & Strategy Personal Statement for London School of Economics
I am a hardworking Business Development Executive who has spent the last 5 years of my career taking advantage of learning opportunities to facilitate and drive competitive growth at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. In the last couple of years, I have been actively involved in organizing and overseeing operational projects in a promising renewable energy sector and my responsibilities have placed me in a position to represent my company’s mission and vision to several private and public operators in the UAE. Through this exposure, I have been able to develop myself to identify industry opportunities and make informed suggestions which have led to my recommendation for a managerial role at Renewable Systems Limited.
Though an MBA would have been a good option for my study, I prefer this program at the London School of Economics and Political Science because it balances the knowledge from an MBA with that of an economics degree thereby allowing me to gain an all-round knowledge in two of the important components in the business field. Secondly, I am inspired to enrol on this Management and Strategy program because of the career development opportunities that come with it, especially after learning about the support that students and alumni enjoy with tailored individual support for professional development.
My short-term goal after this program is to return to my country where my company would be waiting for me to take up a higher role, and contribute to xxxxxx. Conclusively, I believe that I meet the requirements for admission into the London School of Economics and Political Science and I will be anticipating the consideration of the admission committee to get me into the MSc Management and Strategy program.
Need Assistance Writing Your Personal Statement?
If so, contact Fasthire today. We’ll look into your application and compose a good personal statement for your application. We have professionals who are skilled in helping students compose their study and visa statement of purpose/explanation and we’ll be ready to assist you right away. You can either use our regular, or express service depending on the urgency of your need.