This Motivation Letter for Business Masters in Finland should be used only as a guide. Please do not copy it as it has already been used. If you need assistance writing yours, click here to contact our experts today
Motivation Letter for Business Masters in Finland
I am writing to express my interest in pursuing a master’s program in International Business and Entrepreneurship at the University of Jyvaskyla for the 2022 autumn session. I am interested in this program because it will allow me to increase my awareness of global market operations, develop essential business competencies, improve my career opportunities, and build networks with varied groups of individuals on the international front.
Since technology has made it easy for businesses to expand beyond geographical boundaries, so has it become pertinent for business professionals to be armed with the knowledge of how to coordinate business operations on the international scene. My motivation for this programme is to gain knowledge of the current business and economic trends and pave way for my future career growth. Furthermore, I believe that I will be successful in this programme because of my prior academic background in Accounting. It was during my Accounting studies (Bachelor’s) that I developed some important business competencies that have helped shape my career including; financial management, business law, thesis writing, and research methods. These competencies have played important roles in my professional development and growth, and I believe the knowledge will be relevant during this program.
Since I completed my undergraduate studies, I have enjoyed a successful career growing from a Finance Administrator to my current role as a Performance Monitoring Analyst. These responsibilities have helped me grow in my understanding and ideologies about business and the global economy in general. It has also inspired me to seek advanced business orientation in other to maintain relevance in the corporate environment, which led to me broadening my knowledge on how to manage plans for a successful business operation in a lifetime situation through a professional certification from the Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA UK). Now, I am interested in seeking a higher academic qualification that will help me secure relevant skills for my future career path as a Business Consultant.
Asides from academic and work experiences, I also have over 4 years of leadership, logistics, entrepreneurship, importation, and customer relations skills from managing my business which I started during my undergraduate studies. This business entails the importation of affordable and fashionable unisex apparel and accessories and selling them in my home country Nigeria. After the Covid-19 pandemic that led to lockdown in several countries, I have grown increasingly interested in understanding how to operate a successful enterprise and navigate harsh economic conditions. My objective is to further my knowledge in the field of international business and entrepreneurship, with a particular focus on consumer value creation, strategic management, and innovation.
While I could enrol for this degree in my home country, I have chosen to follow an abroad study route because asides from the knowledge, I am also hungry to have exposure and awareness of the global market beyond what I am just used to. Studying in Finland will be an opportunity not just to gain an academic degree but to also expand my knowledge about the Scandinavians which I have very often read about in books. I picked the University of Jyvaskyla because it is one of the few universities that offer this programme in English for international students. Secondly, going through the profiles of the faculty staff and their contribution to the business and economic development within Finland, I am very excited at the level of knowledge and exposure that I will be getting. I am particularly expectant of Dr. Imran M. Ilyas because of his teaching approach and area of interest in business models, and strategic management which aligns with my interest in coming to this degree. Thirdly, I am also delighted to see that this program is accredited by the respected Accreditation Association of MBAs (AMBA), and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Finally, I resolved to pursue my masters at the University of Jyvaskyla because of its position in universities’ worldwide rankings, and the impressive online testimonies that I read from alumni of this school.
My short term plan upon graduation is to work as a Company and Business Innovator where I would be utilizing my potentials to influence business growth not only in my country but the world. In the long run, I have a lifelong dream to pursue a doctorate to further substantiate my knowledge and improve my level of expertise. If accepted into this program, I will take a study leave at my place of work to focus on my education. My tuition fees will be covered through the savings that have acquired through my 7 years of working. Also, I plan to apply for the university scholarship funds which I hope that if I am awarded, will augment my funds.
Conclusively, I believe that I meet the requirements for the International Business and Entrepreneurship programme, and I am keen to learn more about all parts of the program’s curriculum. I am hoping to join your academic session this year to further my education and future career goals. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your consideration.
Do You Need Assistance Writing Your Motivation Letter for Business Masters in Finland?
If you need assistance writing your motivation letter to study in Finland, click here to contact our experts today and a writer will be assigned to you.
Possible Scenarios When Writing Your Statement
- You’re going for a new program, different from what you studied in your first degree.
- You’re going for a new program, different from your first degree but related to your current job
- You’re going for an advanced degree in a course that you studied in your first degree but you’ve not been practising.
- You’re going for a program that supports career transition like an MBA, Masters in Global Business, Analytics etc.
- You’re going for a lower degree e.g. after obtaining a BSc; you want to go for a post-graduate diploma.
- You’re going for a degree in a different course that is within your industry.
The most important thing when writing your statement
- Research: Gather enough information about the school, the course, and how successful statements are written for the particular school. Find out if there are word limits or specific interests that the school has that interest you.
- The admission committee: The admission committee of any school wants to know your story, your passion, and your motivation for picking this course. They also want to know why you think you’re a good fit for their school or why you decided to study in their school. And if you’re a foreigner, they want to know why you want to study in their country.
- You: Tell your story; write your statement because it is yours. Know what you want to say, and say it in a way that shows how your academic and career experience has brought you to where you are now. Don’t just stuff in sentences, make your statements purposeful and driven towards the goal that; you’re ready for this program, you understand what it will take, and you’ll be a good addition to their next intake. Tell your story.
How to avoid rejection
- Tell your story, and personalize your statements.
- Follow the standard outline or the school’s given personal statement outline.
- Write good sentences and paragraphs.
- Proofread, use Grammarly, use people. Proofread not only for spelling and grammar, proofread for story, consistency, and believability. Let your story add up.