Personal Statement is written to communicate your background and why you want to join a particular program. When applying for Master’s in Business Law, applicants are faced with the task of connecting their current occupation and their chosen course which most times don’t come off as an easy task. So, we are presenting a sample personal statement for Master’s in Business Law which was actually submitted by another applicant to guide you when writing yours.
More so, we’ve used this post to answer some questions about Personal Statement writing and provide more samples for other universities in the USA, UK, Canada, and other European countries.
P.S: This sample provided here is solely for education purpose, do not copy it. If you need assistance writing yours, click here to hire our experts today.
How to Write Statement for University Application
When writing your personal statement, you have to understand and follow the this guide;
- Writing a good personal statement takes time, so be patient during this process. Don’t be shy to write and rewrite until you get your best statement. Remember that the quality of your statement will determine if you’ll be accepted or rejected for your desired course.
- Start on time; don’t wait until its few days to deadline.
- Do a thorough research about the university and the course that you’re applying to. Learn all you can about the trends in that discipline and it’ll help you harness your ideas.
- Take out time to see what others who have applied for similar programs have written and you’ll be better prepared to start yours.
- Note: Reading samples online is good to get ideas of how to effectively structure your statement, however, it should not be a means to copy people’s work and pass it as yours. You may be flagged for plagiarism.
- When you’re set to write, the best thing to do is structure your statement into an outline (see outline below). Have an idea of what you would want to cover at the end of the day with your statement.
- You can start by addressing those areas you want to cover differently without really connecting them. The idea is to have general points for the different sections of your statement and you can focus on connecting them later.
- Write expressively and don’t bother about correctness and grammar during this stage. Your idea is to first transfer your thoughts into writing and you can think of arranging them later.
- After you’ve gotten your draft, take a break.
- Return to the draft at a later time and take an overview of the draft you’ve come up with; the reason is to see the areas that your statement is lacking in and then address it so it can flow.
- After addressing all the areas of your outline and ensuring that they make good meaning, work towards connecting the paragraphs to form a single document that is well-structure. In other words, this is the point where you connect your paragraphs and ensure the stories/claims add up.
Personal Statement for Master’s in Business Law
After bagging my Bachelor of Laws degree under the University of xxx, I went ahead to apply the knowledge gained as a Barrister and Solicitor. During my early years in litigation, I was involved in handling intellectual properties, advising on ……….., maintaining ………………… amongst others. Further involvement in litigation got me exposed to subject matters such as ……………………… Through these experiences, I worked with national and international companies in different capacities. A key highlight of that period was in 2008 when I became a member of the litigation team in defense of xxx (name of company) on 1998 xxx (name of case) at xxx (location).
However, there’s no doubt that things are rapidly changing and there’s an increasing demand for legal professionals like me. With that understanding, I have committed myself to obtain higher degrees that will enable me to maintain relevance in my industry going forward. Coupled with personal academic targets, a degree in Business Law will set me up for impacts in the local and international business sphere.
I chose the UK as my choice of study because of my relationships with colleagues that schooled in the UK. While working and networking with these professionals, I am always fascinated by the impact of UK education on their careers. The depth of understanding they displayed in their different field of choice is applauding, and this has always made me desire to school in the UK someday. So, when I finalized plans to further my education, there was no other choice location for me but the UK. I am ……………………………………………………….
Through my career involvements, I have been able to develop skills such as analytical thinking, problem-solving; teamwork, communication, concentration and determination which are needed to maintain a well-balanced relation with other students and lecturers.
For the period of my studies, my fees will be funded by…………….., and I would also like to utilize the school hostel as my accommodation. Upon completion of my studies, I wish to return to xxx where I would …………..
See other Samples:
- University of Plymouth, UK
- University of Algarve, Portugal
- University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Lund University, Sweden
- University of California, USA
- Brock University Ontario, Canada
- Ulster University, UK
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- New Brunswick, UK
- Uppsala University, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Warwick, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- McMaster University, UK
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Birmingham City University, UK
- James Cook University, Australia
- University of Sunderland, UK
- University of Hull, UK
- University of Westminster, UK
- University of Derby, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University Canada West, Canada
Need Assistance Writing Personal Statement for Master’s in Business Law?
If so, contact Fasthire today. We’ll look into your application and compose a good personal statement for your application. We have professionals who are skilled in helping students compose their personal statement and study and visa statement of purpose/explanation and we’ll be ready to assist you right away. You can either use our regular, or express service depending on the urgency of your need.