As much as employers in Canada require skilled/educated foreigners to fill some positions, there’s also their proposing need for unskilled workers for certain jobs. Most times, these jobs require little or no previous experience to carry out.
According to recruitment experts, Canada is experiencing job scarcity for the unskilled workforce. This is because only a few Canadian citizens or residents are open to this opportunity since they have other options. While most of these options are classified as skilled jobs, there’re thousands of unskilled jobs in Canada waiting to be filled.
More so, in solution to the unavailability of inexperienced laborers in Canada, Canadian companies offering sponsorship are on call for foreign workers. As such, this makes a good opportunity for foreigners or anyone outside Canada searching for unskilled jobs in Canada with Visa sponsorship.
How to get Unskilled jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Typically, Canadian citizens/residence can effortlessly apply for any job that requires no skill. But for a person who’s neither a Canadian citizen/residence, he/she will first apply for foreign worker immigration to Canada. Gladly, this is where the recruiting company comes in, that’s if the job is a visa-sponsored one. If so, the employer must;
- Have a positive LMIA before an employee may apply for a work visa
- Be responsible for the employees traveling and visa costs.
NB: Multinational firms are the most competent companies in Canada offering sponsorship.
See Also: Websites to find Farm Worker Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
List of Unskilled jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Here are the top 50 list of unskilled jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- Factory Worker
- Truck driver
- Customer Service Representative
- Warehouse Worker
- Forklift Operator
- Machine Operator
- Order Picker
- Cleaning Supervisor
- Retail Sales Associate Manager
- Food Service Supervisor
- Production Manager
- Crop Harvester
- Bakery Production Worker
- Meat Butcher
- Practical Nurse
- Data Entry Clerk
- Stockroom Clerk
- Warehouse Associate
- Retail Store Manager
- Food Processing Worker
- Agricultural Worker
- Machine Operator Assistant
- Retail Sales Manager
- Food Service Manager
- Account Manager
- Production Worker
- Assembly Line Worker
- Line Cook
- General Laborer
- Customer Service Manager
- Cleaning Manager
- Retail Manager
- Kitchen Assistant
- Packaging Operator
- Retail Assistant Manager
- Building Maintenance Worker
- Janitorial Manager
- Delivery Manager
Requirements for Unskilled jobs in Canada for Foreigners
Foreign candidates must have the following requirements before applying for unskilled jobs in Canada;
- Must be satisfied and match the job description.
- Ability to study and communicate in English (French is an added advantage).
- Minimum education: Technical knowledge.
- Age bracket should be (21 to 39).
- Valid passports and other necessary papers
LMIA stands for Labor Market Impact Assessment. It is a document required for an employer in Canada before hiring a foreign worker. From knowledge, the document is the hardest thing to achieve, especially when involved in a low-skilled position when many local Canadians are capable of doing the work. This will be discussed in the next section.
Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
The Temporary Foreign worker program (TFWP)enables foreigners to temporarily enter Canada on a sponsored visa and work in an unskilled position. However, with the help of this scheme, Canadian firms can quickly hire foreign workers to fill open positions.
Hence, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) jointly run the TFWP.
In addition, This program also sets a duration which can be extended. However, it must be mentioned that any employee taking part in this scheme is restricted to working for the employer identified on the work permit.
Also, It implies that you cannot be able to switch jobs via this program after you’ve have arrived in Canada.
For a perform to qualify for the y for the TFWP, the following criteria must be met:
- The employer must receive a positive LMIA before the employee can apply for a work visa,
- Every Canadian company is required to get the LMIA before hiring a foreign worker.
- The company must be prepared to pay for all of the applicant’s expenses.
- The candidate must receive a legitimate job offer from Canada.
- The applicant is required to demonstrate that they will depart Canada when their work permit expires.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have the resources necessary to support their relatives in Canada.
- The candidate must not have a criminal history.
- The candidate must be in good health
- An official written letter of acceptance from a Canadian business must be prepared.
- The applicant must show that they are not threatening the country’s national security.
- All necessary documents must be available to obtain a Canadian visa.
- The applicant must meet the required age and language proficiency requirements.
Getting a job (skilled or unskilled) in Canada is good. The good news is that the average minimum salary of an unskilled worker exceeds $20,000 per year. However, it is quite difficult to find an unskilled job with visa sponsorship. Nevertheless, it’s not impossible to get one.
- Farmworker Recruitment Agencies in Canada
- Companies in Canada Offering Sponsorship
- Websites to find Farm Worker Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
- Best Recruitment Agencies in Canada Recruiting Foreigners
- Unemployment Benefits for New Immigrants in Canada
- Financial Assistance for Immigrants in Canada
- How Does Immigration Negatively Affect Canada
- Best SOP Writing Services for Canada Student Visa
- Study Visa SOP for PG Diploma in Canada Sample (+PDF)
- Structural Engineering SOP for Masters in Canada