A restaurant job is one of the most sought-after career options in the hospitality industry, by youths and those willing to migrate to the United Kingdom. This job is well-fitting for anyone who loves to work with people from diverse backgrounds while enjoying the food production methods and related matters.
As an advantage, a restaurant worker earns a decent salary, and for this reason, foreigners seek restaurant jobs in the UK to boost their career and financial goal.
Employers in the United Kingdom also seek to hire restaurant workers from other parts of the country, particularly those with experience, training, and exposure to popular brands. In mutuality, these professionals from countries outside the UK are willing to relocate to any part of the United Kingdom. It makes it easy for both the employees and employers since their needs are alike.
However, restaurant jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship are more assuring to trained professionals and skilled workers outside the United Kingdom. This is because employers need to be sure they hire capable and experienced applicants that can carry out the job.
What is Job Visa Sponsorship?
A job visa sponsorship is when employers hire young professionals, skilled workers, and experienced youth to work in their country under the Tier 2 visa program. Here, the employer is responsible for the employee’s visa and every other process needed to get him/her to the UK. It is also important to note that only Home Office Sponsor License employers can issue Certificate of Sponsorship to candidates seeking restaurant jobs in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Restaurant Jobs in The UK As a Foreigner
Anyone looking to work in the UK through sponsorship should have a Certificate of Sponsorship or a valid job offer from a Licensed Sponsor. Also, the eligible applicants must meet the criteria for a restaurant job in the UK, which are:
- The applicant must be paid a minimum salary of £25,600 or more through a valid job offer.
- Applicants must have an education – Class 12 (minimum).
- A valid Certificate of Sponsorship from an employer holding a valid Sponsor License.
- Language proficiency (A good score in IELTS).
- Prior work experience in the hospitality industry.
- Security clearance certificate.
- Sufficient funds.
It is important to note that the UK skilled worker visa program allows restaurant workers to work and stay in the country for five years. After 5 years, the duration of the visa can be extended if applicants can find a new job or employer in the United Kingdom.
Key Skills Required for Restaurant Jobs in the UK
- Client handling skills.
- Service skill.
- Business management skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of food production methods.
Application Process to Secure Restaurant Job in The UK With Visa Sponsorship
Interested applicants can apply for a UK work permit visa three months before they join the workplace in the UK. The date of visa application will be included on the certificate of sponsorship. Also, applicants must submit relevant documents along with visa applications such as:
- Proof of identity.
- Work experience certificates.
- Academic records (transcripts).
- Language proficiency score (IELTS) etc.
Documents Required to Get Restaurant Jobs in The UK As a Foreigner
Foreigners seeking a restaurant job in the UK must have the following documents:
- Valid Certificate of Sponsorship from an employer.
- Salary and details of job responsibilities as a restaurant manager.
- Current passport and travel history.
- Proof of age.
- Educational certificates.
- Security clearance certificate.
- Proof of enough funds
If an applicant plans to bring a dependent (spouse or children), he/she must apply for the skilled worker dependent visa. In such case, the primary applicant must submit a Marriage certificate and Birth certificate for children under the age of 18, at the time of submitting the visa application.
Benefits Of Applying for Restaurant Jobs in the UK With Visa Sponsorship
- Earn salary in foreign currency.
- Work in a more stable economy.
- Boosts career prospects.
- Several opportunities to receive professional training while doing jobs.
- Offers higher quality of life.
- Provides a platform to work with good and established brands.
- Provides a safe and secure environment.
- Employment benefits
- Chances to travel to European countries.
- Provides quality work culture.
- After five years, applicants also get a chance to apply for permanent residency in the United Kingdom.
Websites To Find Restaurant Jobs in the UK With Visa Sponsorship
Fasthire is a career brand that renders career and educational services. We provide career services directly to clients in China, the USA, India, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, and counting. We pride ourselves as the career brand for young professionals because we are interested in catering to the career needs of young professionals through our products and services. On our website, you can find abroad job openings including caregiver jobs in the US.
Indeed is a top job site with over 250M unique visitors every month. They strive to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies. Also, they connect millions of people to new opportunities. The company fosters a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
You can find your perfect job in hotels, restaurants, pubs and bars, food service, and leisure on Caterer. The caterer has over 20,000 hospitality jobs and opportunities at all levels, with employers of all sizes. They are also one of the largest UK hospitality job boards, with targeted technology to make your job search quick, easy, and successful.
Totaljobs is one of the UK’s largest hiring platforms. They have over 280,000 live job adverts on their site, helping you to find any type of job, in any industry, wherever you are based. Their career advice helps you build your CV, write your cover letter, and prepare for interviews.
5. Job Today
Job Today was launched in 2015 with the mindset to change the way people find work by making it simple. They have since processed over 100 million applications.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network. The company has a diversified business model with revenue coming from Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions, Sales Solutions, and Premium Subscriptions products. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, LinkedIn has offices across the globe. LinkedIn connects the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.
Glassdoor is the worldwide leader in insights about jobs and companies. It was built on the foundation of increasing workplace transparency. Glassdoor offers insights into the employee experience powered by millions of company ratings and reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, latest jobs, and more.
Finding restaurant jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship might be a little stressful. It requires accurate information on eligibility criteria, evaluation of the application, selection of the right immigration gateway that suits your career aspiration, documentation, and so on. Nevertheless, to get restaurant jobs in the UK, experts suggest following the guidance of immigration consultants such as Key Global Immigration Services.
- Teaching Jobs in the UK With Visa Sponsorship
- Unskilled jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
- Visa Sponsorship Recruitment Agencies in the UK
- Warehouse Jobs in the UK With Visa Sponsorship
- Hotel Jobs in London with Visa Sponsorship
- Caregiver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
- Graduate Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the U.K
- Latest Farm Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship