Currently, there are several teaching jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship for foreigners to start their careers.
Qualified teachers with experience are employed and assisted to come into the UK and work for a given period. After that, they can decide to process a permanent work visa. If you wish to become a teacher in the UK, this is your chance.
One of the interesting things about teaching jobs in the UK is that you can expect to have more breaks than any other teacher from other parts of the world.
In addition, a teaching job in the UK offers a highly competitive salary, alongside lots of opportunities for you to progress in your teaching career.
In this post, we will be looking at how, where, and what you need to get teaching jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship.
Teaching Jobs Qualifications for Foreign Job Seekers
Things that qualify you to work as a teacher in the UK:
- A valid visa or status.
- A job offered by your employer in the UK allows you to apply for a skilled worker visa.
- A pre-existing right to work in the UK, such as settled or pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme.
- Teaching skills and experience you can demonstrate to your employer.
- Have the equivalent of £945 in your bank account for a minimum of 90 days.
- A teaching qualification.
- English Qualification teacher status (QTS).
Salary Range for Foreign Teachers in the UK
The average salary for foreign teachers in the UK is £30,667. However, several factors affect the salary of a teacher in the UK. These include:
A teacher’s salary in the UK is dependent on qualification and experience. Based on these, the standard UK salaries for teaching staff are between:
- Unqualified/trainee teacher: £17,208 – £27,216.
- Teacher (average pay range): £23,720 – £35,008.
- Teacher (upper pay range): £36,646 – £39,406.
- Leading practitioner: £40,162 – £61,005.
- Headteacher: £45,213 – £111,007
A teacher’s salary in the UK can vary widely depending on the location of the school. Schools in inner London can pay more than schools located elsewhere. The salary ranges for a teacher in the UK base on location are between:
Inner London: £29,664 – £40,372
Outer London: £27,596 – £38,963
London fringe: £24,895 – £36,157
Elsewhere in England and Wales: £23,720 – £35,008
In the UK, a school that provides an allowance for their teacher may pay a little less than others. However, this depends on the school’s salary structure.
Things You Need to Get Ready for Your Sponsored Teaching Job
To prepare for a potential sponsored teaching job in the UK, here are a few things you can do to get organized:
- Apply for your criminal history checks in your country or any country you have lived in for longer than 12 months in the last 10 years.
- Get your travel history for the last 5 years.
- Ensure you have the equivalent of £945 in your bank account for a minimum of 90 days (If you don’t, start saving!).
- If you are planning to travel with family or a dependent, you will need to pay for that person traveling.
NB: To live and work in the UK as an international teacher, you must have a valid work visa. But if you possess either the UK or EU passport, you can teach in the UK without any restrictions.
See more about working in the UK as a teacher
Websites To Find Teaching Jobs in The UK With Visa Sponsorship
Fasthire is a career brand that renders career and educational services. We provided career services directly to clients in China, the USA, India, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, and counting. We pride ourselves as the career brand for young professionals because we are interested in catering to the career needs of young professionals through our products and services. On our website, you can find abroad job openings including caregiver jobs in the US.
Careerjet is a job search engine designed to make the process of finding a job on the internet easier for the user. It maps the huge selection of job offerings available on the internet in one extensive database by referencing job listings originating from job boards, recruitment agency websites, and large specialist recruitment sites. Also, Careerjet’s job search engine network encompasses over 90 countries, featuring separate interfaces that are translated into 28 languages.
Indeed is a top job site with over 250M unique visitors every month. The company strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies. Also, they have more than 12,200 global employees passionately pursuing this purpose and improving the recruitment journey through real stories and data.
Totaljobs is one of the UK’s largest hiring platforms. They have over 280,000 live job adverts on their site, helping you to find any type of job, in any industry, wherever you are based. Also, their career advice helps you build your CV, write your cover letter, and prepare for interviews.
Jooble is an international job search website used daily by millions of people in 69 countries. The company has been operating in the online recruitment market since 2006. In its years of existence, the company has gone from a startup founded by two students to a global employment platform. Today, Jooble is among the top websites in the world in terms of traffic in the Jobs And Employment segment, according to SimilarWeb.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional social network that was founded in 2003. They connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. The company has a diversified business model with revenue coming from Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions, Sales Solutions, and Premium Subscriptions products. LinkedIn has offices across the globe.
Here at Fasthire, we provide you with abroad job listings, career advice, and writing services you will need to attain your desired career goal. Start with us today!
- Unskilled jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
- Visa Sponsorship Recruitment Agencies in the UK
- Warehouse Jobs in the UK With Visa Sponsorship
- Hotel Jobs in London with Visa Sponsorship
- Caregiver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
- Graduate Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the U.K
- Latest Farm Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
- Data Scientist Jobs With Visa Sponsorship UK