It is to the advantage of foreign nurses wishing to work in the USA that the United States is facing a healthcare staff shortage. This shortage has made it easier for foreign registered nurses to migrate to the United States than other foreigners with other occupations.
And what if you are a nurse with a degree but not registered? Not a problem as you can still migrate to the USA and get your license. This article gives an overview of recruitment agencies for international nurses and how they can help you migrate to the United States.
However, as a foreigner, you might need help preparing for the licensure exams that foreign nurses undergo. If so, you have just spotted the right article because here we cover the necessary topics you might need to migrate to the United States.
Requirements to Become a Nurse in the USA
There are basic requirements for a foreign nurse to be a nurse in the USA and they are as follows
- Firstly, you must have a degree in a nursing course or other related courses from an accredited program.
- Have 2 years of working experience.
- Select an agency to help you find and secure a job for you in the USA.
- Get your Visa screen certificate.
- Have your social security number.
- Pass the English Proficiency exam.
- Apply for NCLEX exams.
- Prepare and pass the NCLEX exams.
NCLEX Examination: Registration Process and Exam Preparation
NCLEX (National Council Licensure Exam) is a compulsory nursing exam that aspiring nurses must pass to become licensed registered nurses in the United States. The exam evaluates the nursing candidates and ensures they are qualified to work in healthcare facilities. It is a computer-based test made up of multiple choice questions and answers.
The exam is of two types; the NCLEX-RN exam and the NCLEX-PN exam. The NCLEX-RN exam is an exam for Registered Nurses who are graduates of an accredited nursing program and have 2years of experience in nursing from their home country. This exam focuses on questions on care management and the supervision of others.
The NCLEX-PN exam is an exam evaluating practical or vocational nurses. Their exam questions focus on assisting the Registered Nurses and working under their supervision.
As an International Nurse, to apply, you must first meet the requirements above. With those requirements met, you proceed with the process below
- Firstly, choose a state you would like to be licensed or registered in.
- Visit their website to find out their requirements. However, as an international nurse, the requirements for you may vary from the norm.
- Submit your documents to CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) for evaluation.
- Wait for an eligibility letter from the board for the duration of 2-6months.
- After the eligibility letter, register with Pearson VUE for the NCLEX exam. Registration is done by mail, via the internet, or over the phone.
- You will be asked to pay a fee of $200 for the registration. The fee is to be provided alongside your registration details.
- You will also receive a confirmation of eligibility from Pearson VUE.
- Email the eligibility confirmation to the nursing Board in your chosen state for licensure.
- Receive Authorization To Test (ATT) from Pearson VUE.
- When you receive your ATT, you have to schedule and write your exam within 90days.
- Schedule your exam, choose your exam center, and prepare for your exam.
To write the NCLEX exam you have to be prepared for it so you can pass. Below are helpful tips for a successful exam
- Research to be aware of what to expect.
- Create a study plan that suits you.
- Join or form a study group. Being in the midst of people with the same goals and plans opens you to new perspectives and ideas. Each person might have a better way of studying.
- Take practice tests because they familiarize you with the style of the exam. Practice test is essential for first-timers as it exposes their brains to what is to come.
- Take breaks and care for yourself. Don’t overdo the studying as it will only make you anxious and cause stress.
- Maintain your regular day-to-day routine, eat properly, do your chores, exercise, and don’t lose yourself to studying.
Writing the Exam
- On the day of the exam, you are to attend with acceptable identification and your ATT.
- Slow, steady, breathe, and focus. Don’t rush because some people are finishing their exams on time. Work with your timer and you will be just fine.
- Believe in yourself and don’t raise doubts about your abilities.
After your exams you will receive your results a month later from the board of nursing you applied for your registration.
20 Recruitment Agencies for International Nurses in the USA
As an international nurse seeking a job in the USA, it can be pretty hard working out things all by yourself which will take you a long tiring process. But things can be made easier and faster with the help of these recruitment agencies below
1. Christine Paris Enterprise USA Inc.
Christine Paris Enterprise USA has a vast experience in the recruitment of International nurses, job placements, and immigration assistance in USA. They have taken over the years to create strong connections with renowned hospitals in the USA. They assist their foreign candidates in the NCLEX and English Proficiency exams preparation. Contact this recruitment agency via the following
Phone Number: 305-971-5934
Email Address: email@example.com
2. Edgewater Healthcare Services
Edgewater Healthcare Services is on a mission to place competent and qualified international nurses in prestigious healthcare facilities in USA. They act as advocates for international nurses whereby giving them better chances in their careers in USA. Contact Edgewater Healthcare Services via the following
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 888-375-974
3. Global Healthcare Group
Global healthcare group is a competitive and successful industry. They have placed thousands of international nurses in healthcare facilities in USA. They uphold values like compassion, understanding, and attentiveness which they tie to their success. Contact Global Healthcare Group via the following
Phone Number: 717-540-1500
Address: 2151 Linglestown Road, Suite 180 Harrisburg Pa 17110.
4. Health Source Global Staffing
Health Source Global Staffing finds it important to encourage the training of their nurses even after their licensure and registration. They are fully supportive of their applicants during their immigration process.
Phone Number: 1-800-458-8973
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: 12400 High Bluff Dr. San Diego, CA 92130
5. Human Concepts Healthcare Professionals Inc
It is their mission to train and develop quality international nurses for the healthcare sector in USA. You can contact them via the following
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 908-964-3397
Address: 1767 Morris Avenue Union, New Jersey, 07083.
6. IPAMS(Industrial Personnel and Management Services, Inc.)
At IPAMS recruiting agency it’s all about quality service and not quantity. They pride themselves on providing the best nurses for the healthcare sector. They don’t charge fees from their recruits and they can be contacted via the following
7. Oasis Professionals
For Oasis Professionals, it is beyond recruitment and placement. They facilitate issues involved in their recruits’ benefits. They ease staffing for healthcare facilities by providing quality nurses from around the world. Contact Oasis Professional via the following
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 212-387-8124
Address: 229 East 21st Street, Suite 1 New York, NY 10010.
8. Nurse Immigration Services
This recruitment agency offers its services to both immigrant nurses and United States healthcare facilities. Contact Nurse Immigration Services via the following
Address: 124 Towne Terrace Santa Cruz, California 95060.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 831-425-5820
9. Premier Healthcare Professionals
Premier Healthcare Professionals lets immigrant nurses have the nursing career of their dreams. They don’t just hire you; they help you expand your employment opportunities whereby guiding you through every step and providing the best benefit packages in the United States healthcare system. Premier Healthcare Professional can be contacted via the following
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 678-460-1008
Address: 100 Colony Park Drive #300 Cumming, GA 30040.
10. Professional Healthcare Resources
Professional Healthcare Resources is dedicated to improving the lives of United States residents through quality nurses in their healthcare facilities. Contact Professional Healthcare Resources via the following
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 703-752-8700
Address: 7619 Little River Turnpike #600, Annandale, VA 22003, United States
Related: 20 Biggest USA Recruitment Agencies for Nurses.
11. Travel Nurse Source
They connect qualified international nurses with the best healthcare facilities in the United States. Contact them via the following
12. United Nursing International USA
United Nursing International USA makes your recruitment and employment an exciting and rewarding experience. They have offices in San Francisco, San Diego, New Orleans, and Los Angeles. Visit their website for more information
Vivian Recruiting Agency offers information on job listings to international nurses and they assist them on every step forward. Contact Vivian Recruiting Agency via the following
Address: 150 Spear Street, Suite 725 San Francisco, CA 94105.
14. American Nurses Association
It is their mission to improve the nursing profession by rendering support to international nurses and the United State’s healthcare facilities. Contact them via the following
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 1-800-284-2378
Address: 8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400 Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492.
15. Avant Healthcare Professionals
They are dedicated to assisting international nurses in achieving their American dream while helping United States healthcare facilities in fixing their nursing shortage issue. Contact them via the following
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 888-681-2999
Address: 1211 State Road 436, Suite 227 Casselberry, FL 32707, USA
16. White Glove
White Glove recruiting Agencies works with the vision of every recruit. As a recruit, you get to pick your job on your schedule and location. Contact White Glove recruiting agency via the following
Address: 89 Bartlett St. Brooklyn, NY 11206.
Phone Number: 718-387-8181
17. Worldwide Healthstaff Solutions, Ltd
A recruiting agency dedicated to professionally handling staffing and placement of international nurses in the United States. Contact them via the following
Address: 9101 Kings Parade Boulevard, Suite 201, Charlotte NC USA.
18. TGS Healthcare Solutions, LLC
They are reliable business partners as they provide the best quality service to their clients. They offer their services to both international and domestic nurses in the USA. Contact them via the following
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 908-203-1299
Address: 20 Commerce Drive, Suite 135 Cranford, NJ 07016.
19. Conexus Medstaff
Conexus Medstaff provides its clients with support in their careers and immigration process. They can be contacted via the following
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 832-406-3040
Address: 11750 Katy Freeway, Suite 750 Houston, Texas 77079, USA
20. Wilson Staffing Network
Wilson Staffing Network is dedicated to meeting the needs of every applicant nurse. They assist in every applicant’s immigration process and make it easier for them. Contact them via the following
Phone number: 281-686-1080
Address: 448 W 19th Street 124 Houston, TX 77008, United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Recommended: Best States for Nurses in America and their Cost of Living 2022/2023
Are you an International Nurse looking for an employment opportunity in the USA? And you probably don’t know how to go about it. Stress no more as this article provides you with accurate information that can help you make your immigration process easier and faster.
Need help reviewing your CVs and Resumes? Contact Fasthire today for the best writing services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can USA Nurses Work in Other Countries?
Yes, they can.
Can a Foreign Nurse Work in the USA?
Yes, they can. In the overview above, we give a clear description of the process.
How are International Nurses Recruited?
They are recruited with the help of recruitment agencies.
Is the U.S. Recruiting International Nurses?
Yes, they are recruiting.
Can I Work as a Nurse in the USA Without NCLEX?
There are a few nursing job opportunities that don’t require NCLEX. They are not high-paying as those that require NCLEX but it’s a good place to start.
When can I Register for my NCLEX Exams?
You can register for the exam after you have submitted your document to CGFNS for evaluation. Read the overview above for better clarification.
Do Hospitals Sponsor Nurses?
Yes, they do.