Business owner is a title given to someone who owns a business. They are in charge of the day-to-day management of their company and accountable for either its success or failure. In addition to the duties listed in this article, their duties also include managing their workforce and controlling each area of their company.
Characteristics of a Business Owner
- Because they are responsible for the growth of their businesses, business owners put in a lot of overtime, work odd hours, and are under a lot of stress.
- Business owners are always accessible to their staff and clients.
- They are members of every team of the company.
- They are responsible for making important and impactful decision.
- Business owners can align the expansion of their company with their personal goals and values.
Business Owner CV Sample
Business Owner CV Sample (Text Format)
Phone Number | Address | Email
An experienced business owner with a proven track record of success in developing and implementing effective strategies to drive growth and increase revenue. Skilled in team management, relationship building, and market research and analysis. Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Business Owner | ABC Supermarket | Rivers State, Nigeria | June 2020 – February 2023
- Established and managed the business, achieving a growth rate of 30% within the first year of operation.
- Developed and implemented strategies to improve customer satisfaction, resulting in a 25% increase in customer retention.
- Conducted market research and analysis to identify new business opportunities, resulting in the expansion of the company’s product line and increased revenue.
- Successfully managed a team of 10 employees, providing them with ongoing training and development opportunities to improve their skills and enhance productivity.
- Developed and maintained relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers, investors, and customers.
Sales Manager | XYZ Stores| Rivers State, Nigeria | December 2017 – June 2020
- Managed a team of 15 sales representatives, achieving a 20% increase in sales revenue within the first year of assuming the role.
- Conducted market research and analysis to identify new sales opportunities, resulting in the development of new products and services that increased revenue by 30%.
- Established and maintained relationships with key customers, resulting in a 40% increase in customer retention.
- Provided ongoing training and development opportunities to the sales team, resulting in improved performance and increased productivity.
Marketing Manager | Josh Company | Rivers State, Nigeria | May 2015 – December 2017
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies that resulted in a 25% increase in sales revenue within the first year of assuming the role.
- Conducted market research and analysis to identify new customer segments, resulting in the development of targeted marketing campaigns that increased customer acquisition by 30%.
- Managed a team of 10 marketing professionals, providing ongoing training and development opportunities to improve their skills and enhance productivity.
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem-Solving Abilities
- Sales and Marketing Expertise
- Financial Management
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Business Administration, [University Name], [Graduation Date].
Master of Business Administration, [University Name], [Graduation Date.
Being a business owner can be quite difficult because you have to work every day of the week and at all hours of the day, but with perseverance it can also be rewarding. Only a few skills are necessary for you to do your work, and they are as follows:
- Financial acumen
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Strategic thinking
- Highly motivated
- Managerial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Setting business goals and strategies.
- Managing finances including budgeting, profits and losses.
- Overseeing every department.
- Obtaining required licenses and permits
- Marketing and sales.
- Being updated with industry developments.
- Diversifying your business.
- Developing new skills.
- Hiring staff.
- Neutralize or eliminate any weaknesses or threats to your business.
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- Maintain positive relationship with staff, partners, investors, and clients.
- Making impactful decisions.
- Education and Certification
How to Become a Business Owner
- Identify your business plan.
- Create your business plan.
- Secure finances needed to fund your business plan.
- Choose a business structure.
- Register your business.
- Set up your business.
- Find the best people for the job.
- Train them into the best team.
- Promote your business.
Need Assistance Writing Your Resume?
If you need the assistance of a professional to put together a good resume to convince a recruitment team of your strong points, contact us today and a CV writer will be assigned to you.
We trust that this information will contribute to career success. Cheers!
- Bank Manger CV Sample
- Cleaner CV Sample
- Caregiver CV Sample
- Senior Medical Officer CV Sample
- Best Data Scientist CV Sample
- Junior English Teacher CV Sample