At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a “Project Analyst” to support the ongoing Tools and governance management function within the Centre of Excellence. Reporting to the Senior Manager, CoE at our Brampton, 8200 Dixie Road location, this individual will be responsible for learning and development of the PMs, forming a community of practice within the organisation.
Within Rogers, PMO CoE acts as the hub for all information relating to project and portfolio management (PPM). The PMO also supports governance by introducing project management guidelines and best practices and encouraging their adoption by the organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of issues and challenges to tackle across various areas of the department’s daily operating needs and long-term initiatives. The role requires excellent communication and self-management skills as you will be collaborating closely with team members from other departments as well as external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in managing the IT needs of the day-to-day life of a video game company and its employees. We are looking for someone with a natural, professional demeanor, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to be proactive and positive in a fast-paced environment.
This role will be accountable for the following:
- Provide JIRA subject matter expertise in discussions regarding governance within JIRA
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.) as well as Jira apps (Big Picture, JExcel Pro)
- Basic knowledge of Jira workflows, screen schemes and custom issues
- Subject Matter Expert and solid end-to-end knowledge of project reporting/project delivery tracking tools such as Microsoft Office including SharePoint, MS Project and Excel.
- Develop, build, and maintain various forms powered by Microsoft Power Apps and various Microsoft enterprise tools to improve operations within both the PMO Centre of Excellence and their customers.
- Support the PMO Centre of Excellence team as the owners of project data and reporting deliverables for project intake, and across the entire project lifecycle process
- Oversee and support on process documentation and training documents for existing and new processes
- Deliver PMO Onboarding tools training to new PMs and other customers of the PMO Centre of Excellence
- Provide data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
- Independently manage communication and processes with internal stakeholders/customers
- Find opportunities to drive change, enhance processes and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in network support, system administration or user support, preferably in a PMO group within an IT/Technology department or related environment
- Familiarity with standard helpdesk ticketing tools / ITIL practices (ServiceNow)
- Expertise in the application of project management tools and techniques.
- Understanding of project and portfolio management concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with developing and updating schedules using Big Picture Gantt application or Microsoft Project.
- Expert-level knowledge of collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint, Confluence)
- Experience supporting a PPM system (e.g. JIRA) desired
- PMP or similar certifications strongly desired
- Self-starter, Highly motivated and with demonstrable leadership attributes
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Extremely diligent and attentive to details
- Effective communicator at all levels with excellent English writing skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and balancing multiple priorities
- Working towards Certification or is certified in one skill area (e.g. Six Sigma, SAFe, Lean Portfolio Manager, PROSCI, ITIL, etc.)
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY