The Safety Companion reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Safety Companion performs continual one-on-one patient monitoring under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Provides calming and reorienting conversation with patient in cases of patient’s agitation or confusion.
- Identifies and removes hazards from the patient and patient’s environment, and reports as appropriate.
- May assist patient with performing activities of daily living, as delegated by supervising RN.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.