Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges. You will have high-impact work by providing nursing services, training, and supports to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with a brain injury, intellectual and developmental disability, a substance use disorder, and/or has an emotional or behavioral disability.
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served and ensure quality services are provided.
- Administer medications and provide documentation as well as oversee and monitor staff members who administer medications.
- Provide prescribed medical treatment by physician’s orders and personal care services.
- Conduct assessments, implement health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP), and respond to changes of condition.
- Provide training to staff members including universal precautions, infection control, and medication administration.
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers as well as work with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment of individuals receiving care.
- Provide training for individuals served with topics including self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention, and smoking cessation.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing or related field, or state certificate
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current state LPN or LVN licensure for state of residence
- Current driver’s license, car registration, and auto insurance
- Other certifications as required by state licensing regulations such as CPR/FA and HIV/AIDS certification, BBP, and ACT training
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, individuals served, and families
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available.
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have a rewarding work environment for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
California MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges, including autism spectrum disorders.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Click on the Link to Apply https://jobs.sevitahealth.com/us/en/job/191657/Licensed-Vocational-Nurse