Canadian Health Labs (CHL) is a mobile healthcare provider under contract to provide healthcare services for various public and private sector organizations throughout Canada. This is an opportunity to contribute to keeping Canadians safe and healthy while getting to explore new locations across our beautiful country.
LPNs are needed for contract travel/deployment assignments in New Brunswick, Canada.
Experienced Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) are needed for travel/deployment assignments providing health services in all hospital departments and long-term care settings. The Licensed Practical Nurse monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards.
Specific specialties/experience we are currently looking for:
- General Medicine/ Surgery
- Long Term Care
We are looking for individuals who can travel/deploy for a minimum of 30-days (or longer).
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilising the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counselling, and health teaching
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client
- Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of multidisciplinary care plan to meet the individualized needs of clients
- Provide care while ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Incorporate a holistic comprehensive model of care to meet the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of clients
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialised nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Adhered to the current policies and procedures outline by the LTC facility/hospital setting and Canadian Health Labs
- Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
- Provide patient and family centred education, counselling, and health promotion
- Consult and collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary team members
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Graduated from a recognized Practical Nursing Program with additional specialty training where required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical field employees and interpret company policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- Ability to prioritize care and demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Based on experience and qualifications.
- Generous base + incentive options.
- Travel and accommodations paid for. This is a CONTRACT position
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY