Eastern College Inc. is actively seeking a Registered Nurse interested in joining our Halifax team as an Instructor for our Continuing Care Assistant Program at South Shore, Nova Scotia.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide quality delivery of assigned courses within the Continuing Care Assistant Program, utilizing a variety of instruction strategies, techniques, and delivery methods to meet the individual learning styles of the students, in a safe and civil learning environment. Instructors are responsible for teaching assigned courses in accordance with course competencies, taking daily attendance, and as required, grading class tests, assignments, and exams.
The Continuing Care Assistant Instructor will support the vision, mission, and values of Eastern College while contributing to a positive, supportive, and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication, and readiness, embracing diversity, and fostering inclusion.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing.
- 5 years experience as a Registered Nurse or 2 years experience with a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical work experience working with Continuing Care Assistants.
- Previous teaching experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including supervision, motivation, and facilitation are preferred.
- Superior communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Home office set-up, reliable internet, computer with webcam, and the ability to teach without interruption.
Hours of Work:
The first 11 weeks of the program are 30 to 40 hours per week,
The remaining weeks are 21+ hours per week.
This role will be a hybrid position working remotely and on site at a Nursing home in either Chester or Lunenburg. This position would start ASAP- teaching starts March 20, and ends December 8, 2023.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is March 20, 2023.
About Eastern College:
Eastern College and its subsidiaries are committed to building an intentionally inclusive environment that engages, supports, and empowers diversity and belonging in the workplace and communities served and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Eastern College Inc. is a leader in the Private Career College industry in Atlantic Canada. Established in 1983 we have delivered training in a modular approach to students to enable them to fast-track to job readiness.