Digital Service Consultant – Mobile Messaging
We are currently only hiring in Mountain Standard time zone.
At Wayfair, we care about our customers! Our award-winning Customer Service Team balances technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. From the time our customers place an order with Wayfair through delivery to their home, our team works to make it easier than ever to shop for the home. The Customer Service Team works proactively in a fast-paced environment to monitor customer orders and ensure a seamless delivery to the customer. In the event a customer should contact our support team via phone, email, chat, mobile messaging, or in other ways, we empower our Customer Service Team to resolve the issue. We are passionate about our customers and work to delight them on every interaction with Wayfair.
Over the past seven months, teams from across the service organization have been investing in the future of our newest customer service channel, mobile messaging. We’ve been interacting with customers via SMS, developing and refining our processes, reinforcing the stability of the tech platform and preparing for your arrival! Should you choose to join the team, you are joining at an incredibly exciting time as we continue to invest in the platform as we scale! You each will bring unique perspectives and experience to the mobile messaging channel; working closely within your teams, across our Site and with our cross-functional teams, you all will lead the way in refining our approach to connecting with customers when and where they would like to speak with us. Our current hours of operation at 8 am – 8 pm ET Monday through Saturday and 9 am to 6 pm ET on Sundays.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer service inquiries while building a relationship with the customer
- Provide service to customers on multiple channels (at first, both Chat and Mobile Messaging) to provide assistance with post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status, back order inquiries, and any other issues that may arise in the order fulfillment process
- Exceed customer satisfaction, efficiency metrics and issue resolution targets
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends in customer calls to leadership as appropriate
- Simultaneously navigate multiple software applications and technologies
- Demonstrate conflict management skills and maintain professional composure
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication using multiple channels and platforms.
What You’ll Need
- Previous chat experience highly preferred
- In good standing with Talent Management
- Recommended by current manager
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Passion for helping others
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Equivalent customer-facing work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong typing and multitasking skills preferred
This role offers various schedule options. The schedule options will be a combination of four, 10 hour shifts and will offer consecutive days off. If selected, you will have the opportunity to select preferred schedules and your final schedule will be assigned at the offer stage based on availability.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Technical Assistance?
If you are having any technical difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at email@example.com.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.