Personal Statement is written to communicate your background and why you want to join a particular program. When applying for master’s in sports management, applicants are faced with the task of connecting their current occupation and their chosen course which most times don’t come off as an easy task. So, we are presenting a sample personal statement for master’s in sports management which was actually submitted by another applicant to guide you when writing yours.
P.S: This sample provided here is solely for education purpose, do not copy it. If you need assistance writing yours, click here to hire our experts today.
Guidelines on how to write Personal Statement for Sports Management
You must upload a statement that explains your academic interest in, understanding of and academic preparedness for the programme(s) you are applying for. You should also explain the purpose objectives of your undertaking the programme(s) you are applying for. The statement of academic purpose is an important part of your application, and selectors are looking for evidence of your academic motivation and suitability, and of what you can contribute academically to the programme.
Your statement(s) should be typed and no longer than two sides of A4 paper. There is no fixed word limit, but we expect statement(s) to be no longer than 1,000 – 1,500 words.
In your statement(s), you may wish to discuss the following:
- Academic interests, strengths and background relevant to the programme(s)
- Areas of specific interest within the programme(s)
- Academic preparedness for the programme(s)
- Motivation for undertaking the programme(s)
- Academic ambitions and/or research interests related to the programme(s)
- Any professional aspirations, and how academic work within the programme(s) might help you realise such aspirations
- Other relevant information, such as additional reading or research, work or other relevant experience that has informed your decision to apply for the particular programme(s)
Please ensure that your statement(s):
- Are all your own work. If we discover this is not the case, your application may be cancelled
- Are well-written, well-structured and specific to the programme(s) applied for
- Are proofread before being uploaded, and the final correct versions are uploaded
- Only include that which is relevant to your programme choice(s). Additional information regarding unrelated extra-curricular activities, personal achievements or work experience should be included in your CV
- Have your name and the title of your chosen programme in the header or footer of every page
Personal Statement for Sports Management Florida State University
With the social, health and business dimensions of sports enjoying huge participation in recent times, it’s safe to say that the sports industry worldwide is on an all-time high in terms of human capital and financial capital investment. And just like any other thing, this growth requires management in other to maintain the effectiveness of the system. Different people participate in sports for different reasons; some for recreation, others as a means of livelihood, while others just take sports as a business investment, I desire to get the right balance of sports management, so that regardless of the front I find myself, whether, in talent management or business management, I will be able to provide the right management support.
My decision to pursue a Master’s in Sports Management is tied to recent career experience and my childhood love for sports. As a kid, I’ve always been passionate about sporting activities, and in elementary school, I took part in almost every sporting activity including; running, jumping and football. However, my experience as a member of the sports team in the different schools I attended from primary to tertiary school made me identify the management gap in our system. I quickly realized that managing athletes, working with a team’s budget, and championing a team to success while helping them transit into higher career levels don’t come naturally. Being a good coach doesn’t automatically translate to being a good sports manager, it comes with proper exposure and training that can only be gotten mostly from formal education.
A popular saying states that “if you want to be the best, learn from the best”. The USA is known as one of the best countries for sports development, programming and management and this is evident with the country’s records in sporting competitions.
I’m looking forward to pursuing my master in the USA to broaden my knowledge, network and experience of what is attainable in a standard sporting system. I will utilize the opportunity of having state of the art facilities and competent lectures who have a track record of producing successful sports coaches, managers and athletes, I’m certain that the US is the best study destination for me. With well-designed course modules and lecturers, Florida State University stands out as my preferred choice of study.
My long term goals are to get a P.HD in……….. (add the area/course you want the PhD) while working in The xxx professional Football League, and setting up a platform for the sensitization of the impact of physical exercises on mental health and well being in Xxx in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Accomplishing these goals will require advanced management competencies; hence this program will go a long way in setting me up for the future in the sports industry. Thank you for your considerations.
See other Samples:
- University of Plymouth, UK
- University of Algarve, Portugal
- University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Lund University, Sweden
- University of California, USA
- Brock University Ontario, Canada
- Ulster University, UK
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- New Brunswick, UK
- Uppsala University, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Warwick, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- McMaster University, UK
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Birmingham City University, UK
- James Cook University, Australia
- University of Sunderland, UK
- University of Hull, UK
- University of Westminster, UK
- University of Derby, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University Canada West, Canada
Need Assistance Writing Personal Statement for Sports Management?
If so, contact Fasthire today. We’ll look into your application and compose a good personal statement for your application. We have professionals who are skilled in helping students compose their personal statement and study and visa statement of purpose/explanation and we’ll be ready to assist you right away. You can either use our regular, or express service depending on the urgency of your need