Personal statements discuss valid reasons why you are the perfect candidate for the course. It is to be carefully thought-out and written. Here is a sample of a personal statement for Advanced Mechanical Engineering published for your enlightenment.
P.S: This sample provided here is solely for education purpose, do not copy it. If you need assistance writing yours, click here to hire our experts today.
How to Write Personal Statement for University Application
When writing your personal statement, you have to understand and follow the this guide;
- Writing a good personal statement takes time, so be patient during this process. Don’t be shy to write and rewrite until you get your best statement. Remember that the quality of your statement will determine if you’ll be accepted or rejected for your desired course.
- Start on time; don’t wait until its few days to deadline.
- Do a thorough research about the university and the course that you’re applying to. Learn all you can about the trends in that discipline and it’ll help you harness your ideas.
- Take out time to see what others who have applied for similar programs have written and you’ll be better prepared to start yours.
- Note: Reading samples online is good to get ideas of how to effectively structure your statement, however, it should not be a means to copy people’s work and pass it as yours. You may be flagged for plagiarism.
- When you’re set to write, the best thing to do is structure your statement into an outline (see outline below). Have an idea of what you would want to cover at the end of the day with your statement.
- You can start by addressing those areas you want to cover differently without really connecting them. The idea is to have general points for the different sections of your statement and you can focus on connecting them later.
- Write expressively and don’t bother about correctness and grammar during this stage. Your idea is to first transfer your thoughts into writing and you can think of arranging them later.
- After you’ve gotten your draft, take a break.
- Return to the draft at a later time and take an overview of the draft you’ve come up with; the reason is to see the areas that your statement is lacking in and then address it so it can flow.
- After addressing all the areas of your outline and ensuring that they make good meaning, work towards connecting the paragraphs to form a single document that is well-structure. In other words, this is the point where you connect your paragraphs and ensure the stories/claims add up.
Personal Statement for Advanced Mechanical Engineering Sample
This programme will develop my knowledge of Advanced Mechanical Engineering principles that will make it easy for me to manage projects and research to work in the power generation sector of my country. I look forward to developing specialist knowledge in combustion engines and power generation, and I believe this programme at the University of Liverpool will help me achieve that. My previous academic programmes in Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor’s), and Industrial Engineering (Master’s) have equipped me with core competencies in data analysis, technical writing, CAD/CAM, and critical reasoning (you need to include other important core competencies, these are not enough) and I believe the background will play a crucial role in my success in this programme. More so, on the work front, I have recorded important personal and team achievements, recently, I was among the team that achieved a significant safety milestone of 100,000 man-hours without Loss Time Index.
In my quest for an Advanced Mechanical Engineering programme that will give me the rigorous training and exposure that I need, I decided to ………………………………………………………………………………. The United Kingdom quickly came to mind because of ……………………………………………………………………………… and I realized that studying here will be better for me because I will easily adapt to the UK society. More so, the level of support and investment that institutions in the UK get from both government and private organizations to ensure that they maintain the standard of learning across their programmes is encouraging, and I am more than excited to study in the UK.
Among the available options for this programme, I have chosen the Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc of the University of Liverpool for some good reasons; firstly, the module details correctly speak to my career needs. Particularly, I look forward to the modules on Nuclear Technologies, Advanced Manufacturing with Lasers, and Energy and the Environment. Secondly, the faculty is well equipped with facilities that will aid the learning and lecturing team that are versed in their teaching areas. Thirdly, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers is an organization that I admire a lot because of its contribution to the engineering field similar to what the Council for the Regulation of Engineers in xxx is doing, and I am more convinced to study here because of this programme is accredited by them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and I look forward to your consideration.
See other Samples:
- University of Plymouth, UK
- University of Algarve, Portugal
- University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Lund University, Sweden
- University of California, USA
- Brock University Ontario, Canada
- Ulster University, UK
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- New Brunswick, UK
- Uppsala University, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Warwick, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- McMaster University, UK
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Birmingham City University, UK
- James Cook University, Australia
- University of Sunderland, UK
- University of Hull, UK
- University of Westminster, UK
- University of Derby, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University Canada West, Canada
Need Assistance Writing Your Personal Statement for Advanced Mechanical Engineering?
If so, contact Fasthire today. We’ll look into your application and compose a good statement of purpose for your application. We have professionals who are skilled in helping students compose their study and visa statement of purpose/explanation and we’ll be ready to assist you right away. You can either use our regular, or express service depending on the urgency of your need.