Department: Corporate Finance
Salary: £30,777 – £35,484
Contract Type: Permanent
The Procurement Performance and Support Officer will understand, analyse and translate complex data associated with expenditure data to instigate and feed into continuous improvement projects that will drive out savings and efficiencies.
Collaborate with and support the Force Senior Procurement Manager to ensure the department provides excellent customer service to all parties concerned with Procurement.
The post holder will ensure the following duties are carried out with adherence to PCR15 and Force CSOs:
- Co-ordinate and maintain accurate records of Force contracts including all relevant commercial details and references and that actions comply with legislative and policy requirements.
- Extract and analyse data to identify trends, anomalies and potential commercial opportunities to ensure maximum benefit is gained with internal/contracted external service provision.
- Research, interrogate and analyse reports and management information to facilitate provision of analysis to the Force Senior Procurement Manager and Contract Managers in relation to performance of suppliers and their associated contracts.
- Identify, analyse and manipulate Force expenditure data, creating and developing, preparing and presenting spreadsheets, flowcharts, reports and other data in an understandable format in order to maximise value to the Force.
- Collaborate with the Exchequer Services Team and analyse data to identify opportunities to improve financial transaction processing to achieve best value for the Force.
- Maintain the Commercial Team’s intranet site, ensuring that the site is informative, user-friendly and that information is accurate and complies with legislation and policy.
- Undertake expert stakeholder engagement to develop understanding of ongoing requirements and support stakeholders in formulating clear specifications for tendering opportunities.
- Direct, research, analyse and produce reports formulating appropriate recommendations and action plans for process improvements.
- Challenge existing processes where appropriate, developing and advising on innovative, timely and cost-effective best practice solutions that can be implemented across the Force.
- Lead on savings projects for the routine procurements to ensure the knowledge gained through analysis is acted on and translates to savings and efficiencies.
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties concerned within Procurement, including third party suppliers.
- Deputise for the Force Senior Procurement Manager in times of absence.
Skills and experience:
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position, please refer to the attached role profile.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria, which must be taken into account for individuals applying to work with South Yorkshire Police in any capacity. A minimum checkable history of 3 years is required for this role and successfully undergoing recruitment vetting procedure is a pre-requisite of employment with South Yorkshire Police.
Appearance & Standards:
All tattoos and piercings must be in line with South Yorkshire Police’s Appearance and Standards policy. Tattoos visible on your face, neck, hands, or head are not permitted. Any tattoos which could be deemed inappropriate, or cause offence will also not be accepted. If you have tattoos, you will need to make a declaration at the time of application.
Thursday 26 May 2022 at 23:55
Closing dates are not normally extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and agreement is made with the Talent Acquisition Manager, Recruitment, and the Line Manager for the role.
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact Deborah Carrington on 07775 031640. Please do not contact this number for an application form.
Did you know? You can copy and paste the link currently in your browser and access this vacancy at home.
Diversity & Inclusion:
South Yorkshire Police welcomes applications from under-represented communities. For further information on diversity and inclusion within South Yorkshire Police, please visit the diversity and inclusion page:
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on [email protected]
In addition, we will look to support anyone who requires Part Time/Job share working hours.
- Salary Offer: *********
- Experience Level : Internship
- Salary Type: Annual