Please switch to a desktop device before starting your application.
In this role you will support the business through specialist procurement and contract advice and delivery, adhering to Public Contracts Regulations where appropriate. You will be responsible for specialist areas of work and may be required to provide assistance to other areas of the department from time to time to ensure support to the business is available at all times.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers and be recognised as a “trusted partner”, providing end to end procurement advice and guidance
- Ensure adherence to the Public Contracts Regulations, compliance with statutory and regulatory frameworks and manage tender delivery for your related spend categories
- Manage the relationship with the business functions to ensure short and long term value is delivered through the formulation, implementation, and development of strategies to achieve functional and business objectives and deliver targeted improvements
- Represent Procurement at meetings and monthly reviews ensuring effective communication and alignment between key stakeholders and other relevant functions such as ICT and Finance.
- Own, develop and implement plans/strategies which are aligned with functional and business priorities ensuring delivery of value for money (financial and non-financial).
- Support the Head of Procurement in maintaining an up to date contract register for CHP and a forward plan of procurement activity.
- Promote sustainable procurement practices and social value; ensure they are adopted and embedded wherever possible.
At CHP we consistently work together to exceed our customers’ expectations by:
- Doing what we say we’ll do
- Looking after ourselves and others
- Investing in relationships
- Communicating openly and honestly
- Developing innovative ideas and solutions
- Always delivering an excellent service
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a genuine commitment and ability to work in this way.
- To ensure enrolment on CIPS level 4 Diploma qualification this requires a minimum of two A Levels (or international equivalent), or completion of the CIPS Level 3 Advanced Certificate qualification. Alternatively, you need a minimum of two years’ professional experience in a purchasing, procurement, or supply chain role.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent degree/ diploma or working towards the qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Procurement experience, preferably in a similar public sector Procurement role
- Lead coordination, collaboration, and managing of competitive procurement process for RFI/RFP/RFQ/ ITT via an etendering system
- Detailed understanding of the tendering processes including using e-procurement systems
- Knowledge of PCR15 regulations
- Able to use various IT systems including financial models and systems to analyse options and present alternative scenarios.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of DHSC and/or Health Sector procurement environment
- Experience of Soft FM supplier and contract management including where services have been delivered through a contractual structure.
- Experience within relevant spend categories such as property, corporate services, ICT.
- Transformation and implementation of new processes
- Project management skills
What we offer you
- Group Personal Pension Plan (CHP will contribute up to 10% per annum of your annual salary)
- Group Life Assurance Cover
- Group Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan Membership
- Annual Holidays – 25 Days (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible Working
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please refer to the attached job description for complete job summary for this role.
Any worker who is regularly deployed or works in a healthcare setting is mandated to get their first dose of an authorised vaccine against COVID-19 by 3rd February 2022, to be fully vaccinated by 1st April 2022. Therefore, this forms a condition of your employment with CHP. If successful, your offer will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory vaccination or exemption documentation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the published closing date once sufficient applications have been received.
- Salary Offer: *********
- Experience Level : Internship
- Salary Type: Annual