We are the UK’s largest employee owned business and parent company of our two cherished retail brands – John Lewis and Waitrose, which are owned in trust by our 80,000 Partners.
Our Partnership is an ongoing experiment to find happier, more trusted ways of doing business, for the benefit of us all. We work together to create a successful business and a fairer, more sustainable future for our Partners, customers, suppliers and communities. Our Partnership is owned entirely in trust by its Partners which means we are more than employees; we share knowledge, power and profit. Our Purpose inspires our principles, drives our decisions and acts as our guide to create a place of work with happier people, a happier business and a happier world.
How many other companies can claim to own their own farm or have a rooftop garden/pub in central London. We also own several hotels which are run for the exclusive use of our Partners (current and retired) and their families. These are just a few of the unique benefits of being a Partner in the John Lewis Partnership.
Our Contact centres
We opened our first contact centre in 2010. Since then our operation has grown massively. We are here to support our customers, shops and head office functions. We are integral to the overall performance of the Partnership, handling over 12 million customer contacts per year out of our contact centres in Hamilton, Manchester and Bracknell. They’re diverse, friendly and energising places to work where we celebrate and reward Partners who are passionate about delivering a memorable customer experience with our Customers.
Our Partners are trusted to work in a way that offers flexibility to help balance work life with personal life. You can work at home, in the office or a little bit of both. Regardless of where you’re based, we always work together to ensure that work feels welcoming and is a happy safe place to be.
What you’ll be doing
The role of a customer experience Partner is fast-paced and varied, so if you’re looking for a job that will keep you on your toes, keep reading!
You could be interacting with our customers via phone, email, social media or Chat so will need to be an accomplished communicator.
You’ll be dealing with multiple queries, questions and complaints. The role can be demanding, and at times you’ll face challenging conversations but don’t worry, your determination for resolving complex queries and the training you’ll receive will set you up for success.
You’ll need to be resilient and have great negotiation skills, so that you can resolve knotty and potentially emotive customer queries while protecting our customers, Partners, profit and brand. Always adding value through effective influencing, communication and sharing of expertise.
No day will ever be the same. Regardless if it’s a one off interaction with a customer, or something more involved , you’ll impress our customers and your stakeholders with your professionalism, efficiency and personal touches, building on our strong brand loyalty.
Where will I be working?
This role is a hybrid role where you will work 2 weeks out of 3 at home, then one week based in our state-of-the-art Contact Centre in Didsbury.
The Didsbury Contact Centre is a modern building set in a beautifully landscaped environment. The park is excellently located for rapid access to the city centre, motorway network and the airport. Located in the trendy South Manchester suburb of Didsbury, which is lively and vibrant with an abundance of coffee shops, bars, and independent retailers to enjoy.
The benefits of working on-site include-
- On-site parking
- Bike Storage
- Shower Facilities
- Modern office space close to local transport links
To work from home effectively we will need you to have the following:
- A home broadband speed of more than 15mbs (This can be checked via www.speedtest.net)
- A working landline connection (does not need to have an outbound call functionality),that is accessible within 1.5 metres of your working space. If it is further away than 1.5 metres, you would need your own extension cable and any subsequent splitters/adapters
- A WIRED connection to your broadband router either via an ethernet cable directly to the router (class to be provided) or via a LAN over Power adapter set Access to a webcam or camera on laptop/desktop which will be necessary for assessment /interview
- A suitable, safe, private and comfortable working environment to work from home
We’d love to hear from you if you
- Take pride in making customers happy
- Are a confident communicator
- Are self motivated
- Are organised and adaptable
- Aren’t afraid of a challenge
- Are invested in delivering share goals with shared rewards
- Always treat people with fairness, courtesy and respect, and want to work with others who do the same
- Are looking for a place of work where you can be the very best of yourself always
And it would be great if you
- Have previous Contact Centre experience or similar
- A Natural ability to navigate applications and systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are an adaptable and creative thinker
- Are a subject matter expert
What’s in it for you
The pay range for this role is £21,900 to £29,100 per annum based on a 36.25 hour working week
We can also offer you-
- 22 days holiday (up to 30 days based on length of service)
- Extensive training plan
- Equipment provided
- As a Partner and, after completion of your 3-month Earning Membership period, you will be entitled to;
- 20% Discount at Waitrose & Partners on majority of goods
- 25% Discount at John Lewis & Partners on majority of goods
- 12% Discount at john Lewis & Partners on electrical & white goods
- Defined contribution pension scheme and Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
To see all of our incredible benefits click here.
We’re offering contracts running from late June 2022 to January 2023 with the following hours-
36.25 hrs per week, 5 day per week, working one in three weekends (Saturday or Sunday). You will work on a rota basis between 08:00 and 19:00 Monday – Friday, and 08:00 – 19:00 Saturday or 10:00 – 18:00 Sunday.
One in three weeks will be based in the Didsbury offices, two weeks at home.
When you join us, our friendly and engaged Partners will ensure you have all the training and support you need to excel in the role. The training experience is one that is blended with videos, facilitator led training, and plenty of time for discussion to consolidate your learning.
The training period for this role is 4 weeks from 27/06/2022, and will be fully onsite in the Didsbury Contact Centre.
You’ll need to be available for full-time training for 4 weeks from your start date, Monday – Friday 09:00-17:30. For this reason, we require no holidays to be taken within this time.
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: Basic disclosure
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply earl.
- Print off the job description now if you require it
- Ensure you have an up-to-date CV
Our communities are as diverse as the UK itself, and so are we.
We’ve always celebrated diversity and inclusion and we’re well on our way to becoming the UK’s most inclusive business. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, you can be yourself with us.
For internal use only
- Salary Offer: *********
- Experience Level : Internship
- Salary Type: Annual