Salford, North West England, England
An exciting opportunity has arisen at The 5* Lowry Hotel – Manchester’s Iconic Hotel, for the position of Assistant Financial Manager
Key tasks include:
- Co-ordinates monthly forecasting process and three month revenue outlook.
- Produces monthly operating statistics and investigates areas of concern.
- Compiles reports and statistics for the Director of Finance.
- Establishes, controls and reviews standard payroll procedures to include individual staffing guidelines, casual payroll, overtimes payments, lieu days – compiles monthly labour productivity results and identifies areas of concern.
- Produce weekly payroll forecasts/reports + analysis for review
- Use Fourth payroll system to complete / submit weekly rotas + overtime etc
- Supervises the Accounts Office.
- Ensures day to day accounting functions are properly and fully executed in accordance to stated policies and procedures.
- Supervises accounting entries to the General Ledger by the accounts team.
- Prepares miscellaneous accounting entries to the General Ledger & post journals.
- Reviews trial balance of general ledger accounts for correctness and accuracy in postings.
- Assist Director of Finance in preparing and compiling the monthly financial statements.
- Distributes financial statements.
- Completes all balance sheet reconciliations by day 6 of month end and presents to controller for review.
- Balances the daily revenue/cash received.
- Checks invoices being processed for payment from Bought Ledger. Ensures that all payments are accurate, have been properly approved, have required back up attached, and are correctly coded.
- Controls the issue of petty cash. Ensures payments are accurate, petty cash has been properly approved, with the required back-up attached and that it is correctly coded.
- Maintains accurate and detailed purchase asset register for capital expenditure. Reconciles Asset Register to General Ledger each month.
- Reviews cash reports, revenue allowances, house checks and C/L miscellaneous charges and credits.
- Ensures internal audits are performed in accounting positions to verify that all controls are in place according to policy and procedure.
- Prepares and remits payments of vat returns each quarter once reviewed by the Controller.
- Assists Controller in preparation of forecasting requirements.
- Replaces other members of the Accounts Team as and when needed.
- Undertakes miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Director.
To consistently provide and maintain the highest standard of guest care and service and ensures that you and all reporting staff demonstrate the required Standards of Performance and to assist the Head of Department in regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and using Navision and Excel computer software is desirable. Previous experience of working in a hotel is also advantageous. The candidate will also possess excellent computer skills, a methodical approach to working, produce work of a high standard of accuracy and be able to work to deadlines.
The Lowry Hotel’s service Brand Pillars of ‘Iconic’, ‘Individual’ and ‘Intuitive’ service delivery are key attributes to all candidates for this role.
In return for your commitment to delivering five star service and standards, we offer excellent training and development opportunities in addition to other benefits such as hotel discounts, uniforms and meals on duty.
The Lowry Hotel is renowned as a place guaranteed to ensure comfort, privacy and understated service for its guests with interiors that are contemporary and have a real sense of style.
- Uniform and Meals on duty provided
- Unique team member discount rate of £25 per room only and 50% of all food and drink. Friends and family discount also available.
- Access to discounted rates with Millennium and Copthorne Hotels
- Access to wider wallet benefits platform and team member recognition schemes
- Access to online training facilities with Flow
- Death in service benefit for contracted employees
The Lowry hotel is an equal opportunities employer.
- Salary Offer: *********
- Experience Level : Internship
- Salary Type: Annual