Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our Care Professionals to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enable us to provide personalised support.
It`s hard to find rewarding, local part-time jobs. Here at Home Instead – Redbridge & Walthamstow, that is what we can offer you! Start a rewarding career that makes a difference in people’s lives. Our home carers support clients with a variety of daily tasks, some of which may include:
- Accompanying clients to appointments and social events.
- Prepare healthy meals and snacks.
- Pick up a prescription, go shopping for essentials, and do other errands.
- Carry out light housework, laundry, or ironing.
- Provide medication reminders.
- Assist clients getting out of bed in the morning or into bed at the end of their day.
- Running a bath or shower and being close by in case they need assistance.
- Assisting with dressing & undressing and personal care if required.
- Above all, be the person who shows friendliness, warmth, and empathy.
No experience necessary! We offer Award Winning training which is comprised of a mixture of e-learning from home and in-house workshops. Leading to a nationally recognized Certificate of Care once completed. We would love to hear from you if you are:
- An excellent timekeeper who is organised and reliable.
- Compassionate and kind.
- A good listener, able to communicate clearly and build relationships.
Home Instead Will Offer You:
- A schedule that fits – Whether you’re looking for evening or weekend jobs, or an early start in the morning, we will agree a working pattern that works for you and our clients.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility) and Paid Holiday.
- Enhanced rates on bank holidays – Earn extra over bank holidays.
- Ongoing support – We want to make sure you get the most out of your career. Our team will help you along the way. We’ll always be there for any advice or guidance you need.
- Genuine Career Development & Progression Opportunities – We support all of our team along their career path and help people progress to where they want to be.
- Industry-Leading Training and Development – It’s not just our care that is award-winning, we have one of the best training programs in the industry.
- Fully funded NVQ qualifications.
- Care Certification – Once you have completed your training, you will be awarded with your care certification.
- Full PPE Protection – We ensure both our Care Professionals and clients are protected and safe at all times.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Staff discount portal.
- Refer a friend scheme – Get additional bonuses and rewards when you refer a friend to work with us.
Once you’ve successfully completed your training, you’ll be carefully matched to your clients and asked to visit them in their own homes. Your role is to help them feel as comfortable as possible, support them with anything from shopping and cooking meals, to personal hygiene assistance, companionship and social company. It’s really important to be able to build up trust with the client you’re visiting so that they feel comfortable with you. We treat our clients and Care Professionals with dignity, respect, kindness, and compassion.
Ready to start your journey with Home Instead? Apply now to get started!
As a Care Professional, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support. If you’re looking for work that is extremely rewarding and you have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients’ needs, we would love to hear from you.
This job is part-time, 10 to 30 hours per week (depending on your availability). We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of individuals and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.