An excellent opportunity to grow your career in IT in a government organization!
Receive a competitive CAD$67K – $78K salary, negotiable based on experience!
Enjoy amazing perks, including generous benefits and a hybrid work model!
About The County Of Simcoe
Continually recognized as one of the region’s top employers, the County of Simcoe offers a competitive salary, full pension, benefits and perks, and opportunities for career advancement, while living, working, and playing in one of Ontario’s most beautiful and diverse regions.
Our continuous improvement culture ensures that we always find ways to enhance the work environment for our team. We are always improving our processes and procedures, programs, and systems, and encourage a culture of continuous learning and development for all employees. Join the team at Simcoe County and build a career in a progressive and collaborative organization that is committed to your development and well-being.
To learn more about us, please visit our website by clicking here.
About The Opportunity
The County of Simcoe currently has an opportunity for a Web Applications Analyst to join our team in our Midhurst, ON office on a full-time basis. This is a flexible hybrid position!
The Web Applications Analyst provides technical expertise in support of websites and web-based applications, developing and administering Salesforce and Microsoft Power Platforms, and providing systems analysis, design, programming, administration, troubleshooting, vendor liaison and end user support.
Your Essential Responsibilities In This Role Will Include
- Meeting with content authors to assist with designing the visual layout, information architecture and workflow
- Providing expertise on current web technologies and identifying how clients can leverage these to meet communications objectives
- Liaising with software providers regarding installation, maintenance and technical support
- Providing operational support to web servers and corporate applications servers to ensure security, fault tolerance, backup and efficient performance
- Designing and implementing front and back end programs to support dynamic web page generation and forms-based data collection
- Undertaking systems analysis for new software applications including client consultation, modelling of current systems, evaluation of technical and end user requirements, developing and monitoring application pilot testing
- Implementing security mechanisms, analysing web statistics, conducting quality control assessments of client websites, and participating in the management of SQL servers, firewall rules and domain administration
More About You
To qualify for this role, you will need at least 2 years experience designing and developing complex web applications and supporting associated server platforms in a large corporate setting, or 2 years of Microsoft or Salesforce specific experience in an information technology programming / software support role. You will have gained a solid understanding of applications programming, web technologies, and network systems, achieved through a 3 year college diploma in Information Technology or a related discipline.
In addition to having strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and determine best steps, you will have the following
- Microsoft 365 Certification(s) in one or more of Developer (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Platform, SharePoint) or Administrator (Security, Managing Teams, Azure Services, SharePoint), OR; Salesforce Certification(s) in one or more of Administrator (Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder, CPQ Specialist) or Designer (User Experience Designer, Strategy Designer) or System / Application Architect
- Knowledge of the latest HTML and CSS versions and standards
- Knowledge of VB.NET, JAVA, PowerShell, IIS, JSON, jQuery would also be considered an asset
You are a self-motivated person who collaborates well and thrives in a fast-paced team environment, working on several projects at a time, handling constant interruptions and smoothly juggling priorities. As an effective communicator, you collaborate well and communicate effectively with users at all levels of understanding of computers.
About The Benefits
As a valued member of our team, you will be rewarded with a competitive CAD$67,176 – $78,442 salary, open to negotiation based on skills and experience, along with a wide range of excellent benefits, including:
Benefit premiums 100% covered by employer!
Extended health, vision, and dental
Life and long-term disability, and travel insurance
Annual health spending account
Paid sick days and 2 float days per year
Department team-building events
Tuition reimbursement program and external training opportunities
Continuous learning and professional development opportunities
Flexible work environment with hybrid work model
If you love to work amongst genuine, supportive people who are passionate about improving your community, we would love to hear from you – Apply Today!
Click on the Link to Apply