At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there’s something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you’re applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
Job LevelNV-07As a wealth management advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.
Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting of individual members and business owners. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You drive results by developing strategies and recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management.
You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
General Information on the Position
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community
Other working conditions
- The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work #LI-Hybrid
- Number of jobs available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and businesses
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business processes
Desjardins Cross-sector skillsAction oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the jobDrive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Work LocationCaisse Desjardins de la Vallée d’Acton
Trade UnionNon Syndiqué
Job FamilyMember/client sales and service (FG)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY