Please note this position is available only for FEMALE candidates. NQT are accepted.
Due to expansion we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated, UK qualified, Secondary School ICT/ IT and Business Studies Teacher.
The Secondary section of the school opened in September 2021 (for Years 7 to 10) and so the department is still in its infancy. There will be two other teachers in the department, one who teaches ICT/IT and one who teaches Computer Studies and Business Studies. We are in the process of designing and building our curriculum so that it matches the skills requirements of the i/GCSE and AS Level qualifications and our aim and vision for the school.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to gain experience in one of the premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East. This position is also a great opportunity for experienced teachers to advance, as there are opportunities for career progression for candidates with the desired skills and qualities. The school should reach full capacity over the next two years with approximately 1000 pupils on roll from Pre School to Year 13.
Successful applicants must have:
- A certified UK teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, or PGCE.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, ICT, Computer Studies or Business Studies.
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
- Recent experience teaching two of the following: i/GCSE and AS/A Level ICT, IT, Computer Studies and Business Studies (preferably with either Cambridge or Pearson International Examinations)
- A desire to help build a thriving department in a new girls’ school.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of how to differentiate teaching materials so that all pupils have an opportunity to access the curriculum.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school
- Experience leading a team of teachers
- Experience supporting and guiding ECT teachers
- Experience of teaching pupils with English as an Additional Language or English as a Second Language.
- Experience of integrating technology into secondary teaching.
- Experience of, or an understanding of how STEM education can be integrated into the secondary curriculum
- Recent UK experience and previous international teaching experience.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar you will:
- Promote our mission and values.
- Have the ability to generate amongst the pupils, an excitement about learning.
- Have a sense of humour and be a team player.
- Be resilient, flexible and open minded
- Be committed to helping us grow and develop a productive, effective, happy school.
- Be happy to take part in and contribute to an all-through school with pupils aged 3 to 18.
- Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach a range of interesting and hardworking pupils.
- An excellent working environment in a brand new, state-of-the-art school
- The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme.
- An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits.
- A good work / life balance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please complete the TES online application form (Quick Apply) and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) addressed to the Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack explaining why you wish to apply for the post and what skills and qualities you can bring. If you would like to be considered for further career opportunities, please express your interest in, and suitability for the Head of Department position. Please ensure you read the Candidate Brief in full.
Completed applications should be submitted no later than Thursday 30th March 2023.
Interviews will take place up to and immediately following Thursday 30th March 2023 and we reserve the right to make an early appointment. Candidates are encouraged to apply early to secure their role.
Please note that we only accept applications via TES and do not accept CVs.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar in mid-August 2023 for induction training.