ACS Doha is looking for Substitute Teachers to join the team on a casual basis (ON Call Position). We are looking for Teachers with experience of teaching different subjects and age groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent as a minimum in a relevant subject
- A teaching qualification or equivalent teaching experience working with students in grades K–12
- Good IT skills
- Demonstrates consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct
- Able to comply with written and/or oral instructions
- Able to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
It would be desirable if you have:
- Strong IT skills
- Experience teaching the IB or AP curriculum
- Implement/deliver effective lessons as outlined by the absent teacher
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Maintain the established routine of the school and classroom procedures
- Maintain reasonable rules of conduct that encourage self-discipline and responsibility
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the supervisor and school personnel immediately
- Communicate effectively with parents when/as needed
- Make provisions to be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom, schoolyard)
- Continuously strive to improve professional competence and collaboration with colleagues and communities
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Attend staff meetings, serve on staff committees, and complete other duties as assigned (e.g., cover for other academic support positions)
To learn more about working at ACS, please visit www.acs-schools.com/working-acs.
To apply, please send us your CV via the apply button.
We look forward to receiving your application.
ACS International School Doha – Al Kheesa
Building no 10 Street No 161 Area number/Zone 70 Al Kheesa Doha-Qatar
Job Type: Part-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Doha: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- are you locally available ?