Job Summary: The Skip Trace Coordinator position coordinates and administers various investigative methods/techniques (skip trace) in the pursuit of locating client debtors and client collateral. All duties must be performed within the scope of applicable laws and regulations, operating in a manner that represents professionalism and integrity. The position will primarily use on-line resources but will also need to create opportunities through developing relationships over the phone. The Skip Trace Coordinator will be expected to consistently provide high quality contact results and summarize through verbal and written communication. Reporting to the Skip Trace Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and administer various investigative methods/techniques (skip trace) in the pursuit of locating client debtors and client collateral.
- Assist and perform all daily skip trace activities per Skip department standards.
- Maintain a large inventory of accounts and provide regular updates to clients and PAR management. Locate, research, and evaluate new databases to enhance investigative activities and results.
- Maintain current and new vendor contracts and relationships.
- Review and evaluate current vendor effectiveness. Recommend changes to Senior Skip Manager.
- Work with results driven accountability and production focus.
- Conduct investigative and skip tracing to selected PAR employees.
- May be responsible for specific client accounts assigned by management.
- Have knowledge of and provide daily production reports as instructed by management.
- Generate successful relationships with recovery vendors.
- Maintain a professional attitude throughout all forms of communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with a focus on production and accountability.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize tasks.
- Address all client and managerial communications in a timely fashion.
- Perform other assignments and duties as specified by PAR senior management.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One to three (1-3) years of successful investigative (skip trace) experience is preferred.
- One to three (1-3) years of prior experience in the repossession or collections industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Strong computer, internet and web searching ability with basic knowledge in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Adheres to federal/state laws and regulations regarding MSDS, OSHA, and EPA compliance.
- Maintain strict compliance to the GLB – Gramm Leach Bliley Act along with all other local and federal laws relating to customer confidentiality.
- Adhere to the principles of the FDCPA – Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.