What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience?
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improve sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate in order to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community and your world.
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business – and promotes sustainability. It’s important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for a Senior Strategy Analyst (Remanufacturing). The Senior Strategy Analyst is responsible for coordinating all research and analysis activities related to business strategy development, services growth, strategic planning and business development for the Remanufacturing Division (Aftermarket Parts). Leveraging internal and external data sources, the Senior Strategy Analyst conducts research and analysis of strategic data, providing insights to leadership, enabling improved business management and decision making. This role provides direct support to Aftermarket Strategy, Business Development and Remanufacturing leadership. In addition, this role interfaces with Remanufacturing Division business resources as appropriate and maintains relationships and information sharing processes with key business partners.
What you will be doing:
This position supports two primary functions and manages cross-functional evaluation teams of primarily management/professional employees to conduct research and analysis in support of business objectives.
1) Strategy Development and Opportunity Analysis for the Remanufacturing Division
- Contribute to the development of specific aftermarket strategies, e.g., Product Line, Region, etc.
- Coordinate with Business Resources in the development of investment analyses
- Align strategic and operational goals and objectives with financial commitments
- Assist with the management of the strategy governance process and communication of results
- Measure and monitor progress towards achieving strategies
- Conduct research and analytics to enable sustained business growth and mitigate business risks
2) Mergers & Acquisitions analytics for the Remanufacturing Division
- Conduct approximately 5-10 strategic & financial reviews of M&A targets annually
- Support aftermarket-related merger & acquisition initiatives
- Lead research and analysis activities for interdisciplinary teams evaluating selected M&A targets
- Coordinate with Enterprise M&A, business resources and Remanufacturing Division leadership as needed
What you will have:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, engineering, finance or a related field
- 8 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- An MBA focused on strategy, general management or related field
- Advanced knowledge of the aftermarket industry, associated drivers, and research / analytics tools and techniques
- Deep financial acumen and related experience to analyze, interpret and draw strategic conclusions regarding business financial performance and opportunities
- Working knowledge of the mergers & acquisitions process
Compensation & Benefits
Base salary for this role ranges from $104,112.00 to $156,168.00. Actual salary will be based on experience.
STIP: Salary Grade 23 at 16%:
Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
- Strong community involvement
- Career development
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .