***This role is based in Germany, requires a German speaker and successful candidate will need to obtain U2 Security Clearance. This level of clearance involves an extensive background check.***
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Are you passionate about learning new technology and solving complex problems for key customers? VMware has a Technical Support role for you. You will be working on the latest and top of the line technology suite, becoming an expert in the industry. Our Global Support (GS) organization supports over 250,000 companies in 100+ different countries, and you can be part of an extraordinary team in an energetic, creative, and collaborative business environment.
As a part of the GS Team, your work as a Senior Resident TSE, will be fully dedicated in Germany. The role will be both an integral part of the customer’s technical team, and the VMware GS team. The role provides you a unique opportunity to interact daily with a top tier and strategic customer organizations. You will build strong relationships with customer and internal teams at VMware. In this role, you will collaborate regularly with Customer Success Executives, Technical Support Engineers, and Development teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall best in-class Support services.
VMware provides a long-term benefit to expand your skills with annual education reimbursements, job rotation programs, subscriptions to online training platforms and employee networking groups.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
As a Level 3 Technical Support Engineer, you will be learning and expanding your VMware virtualization technologies to help our customers troubleshoot, understand, and overcome challenges in their operation.
- First steps in this role will be to upskill on our support processes and products and to understand how we work as part of a global team.
- Once achieved, you will begin to troubleshoot customer issues with the support of tenured engineers through the knowledge you have gained.
- You will quickly learn to troubleshoot and handle customer support requests individually and use your experience + new skills gained to bring benefit to others in the team.
- Engagement with account teams and managers will be required to deliver world class technical support.
- You will engage regularly with engineering team(s) to bring value to customers, and to resolve politically and technically escalated issues.
- As your skill set grows, you may choose to work on additional product lines and progress your skillset on more technologies or seek to become expert in a wide variety of products and or technology related to our product portfolio.
- Throughout this time, and your career at VMware, you will continue to develop through training, learning tools, research time and training days.
- Though the role is remote, there will be requirement from time to time to go onsite with the customer to assist with their environment.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving customer technical issues. Key strengths for this role would be motivated, keen to learn, strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills, someone who embraces challenges.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Learn new communication and technological skills, including, but not limited to Technical Expertise, Applied Logic, as well as Time, Queue and Customer management.
- Resolve complex queries while providing world class support to our customers.
- Provide Advanced troubleshooting support to your customer via phone, email, remote and onsite sessions in a timely manner while maintaining a strong customer first focus throughout the lifecycle of the query.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in a fast-paced environment across various teams such as Support Services Management, Escalation Management, Field Sales and Support to ensure the optimum technical solution and advice is provided to the customer.
- Become an expert in your customers environment, challenges, and plans, and assist other GS staff working SRs for this customer.
- Assist your customer with planning upgrades, maintenance, and changes in their environment. Act as a VMware expert, leveraging your access to all parts of the VMware business to provide advice & expertise in relation to environment supportability.
- Troubleshoot, research and resolve issues, using labs, logs bundles and knowledge base, peer to peer collaboration and other tools you will learn in this role.
- Collaboration with the BU, Engineering, Field Teams, SSM and Account Managers to ensure frictionless support experience to our customers.
- Partner with Engineering, Field Teams, and Technical experts to resolve issues to make it easier for customers to use our technology.
- Updating and creating knowledge articles for global circulation and use, based on the issues you have resolved.
- Work in an environment of trust, on-going development, and coaching, where you are empowered to develop and achieve success, surrounded, and supported by a team of highly skilled engineers and supported by a leadership team involved in and committed to your success.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community.
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities.
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes.