Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm in computing and seeking talented individuals for exciting roles in our Global Systems Integrator team. This position is for a Partner Development Manager to manage the relationship with a leading GSI partner in EMEA focused on solution selling. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that has in-depth experience of working with and growing large scale partners.
The AWS Partner community has grown extensively since its inception. Working with strategic partnerships we continue to build market leading offerings with their teams delivering key services that drive deep customer value and business outcomes. This role requires engagement with AWS Enterprise teams and key decision makers and influencers within the partner, across all segments and verticals.
As a PDM, you will deliver on our strategy to build mind share, awareness, demand and adoption of AWS services. You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption in line with our leadership principle of delivering results. The ideal candidates have both a business background that enables them to engage partners at all levels from individual sales contributors through to senior stakeholders, a sales background that enables them to understand how to scale with partners and effectively engage field sales reps and industry leaders. You should have a demonstrated ability to strategically think about business, products and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a repeatable way.
Key job responsibilities
- Effectively engage senior level business & technical executives within the named partner to gain top-down sponsorship
- Build trust with AWS field leadership & accelerate enterprise opportunities in relevant industries across EMEA
- Build and own the strategic plan for the partner to drive business growth objectives
- Define industry specific offerings to take to market jointly with the partner.
- Develop and execute joint account business plans which have been agreed and signed off with the aligned partner
- Own all partner cadence for internal/external QBR’s. Ensure ownership is held on reviews and follow on actions/activity.
- Become a trusted member of the Partner and AWS sales teams to drive successful outcomes.
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 10+ years experience in IT, either in enterprise sales, business development and/or partner management
- Experience leading and operating within cross-functional and highly matrixed teams
- Understanding of the Insurance industry, its challenges and the opportunities offered by the cloud
- High business acumen and passion
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY