Preston, North West England, England
Are you looking for a motivating and rewarding career? Do you thrive on a challenge and want to make a difference to our patients in Lancashire Teaching Hospitals?
We are looking for enthusiastic multi-skilled team workers to join our busy and varied Paediatric outpatient services across both sites of the Trust.
As a Senior Health Care Assistant you will support the qualified nursing staff to provide high standards of care to our patients. The role also involves carrying out phlebotomy, ECGs and administrative duties to support the patients’ care pathway.
You will be required to have experience in a patient facing role with an excellent customer care manner, communication and interpersonal skills. Ideally, you will have experience working in healthcare within a multidisciplinary team,
We are committed to your personal development and we will encourage your continued career progression. Opportunities are available for you to attend relevant and supportive training.
Responsible for providing a range of personalised care for patients and a range of clinical dutiesunder the guidance and supervision of the team leader/nurse in charge including: ensuring patient safety within clinic, supporting patients movement around clinic, moving and handling, acting as a chaperone when required, collecting and accurately recording specimens including blood and urine.
Recording observations of patients and escalating concerns where appropriate. Ensuring all patient activity and outcome data is recorded accurately on the hospital computer system. To support the productive operation of the clinic environment by undertaking a range of non -clinical activities which contribute to the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
Our fantastic team consists of qualified nurses, healthcare assistants and admin staff.
We are a forward thinking department with an emphasis on staff development and training, we believe that supporting our staff to grow and develop creates a great place to work and enables us to provide excellent care with compassion. The Children’s clinic are looking for people dedicated to improving the care of children in our area, working together to achieve our goals.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You’ll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.
- Provide good quality personalised care in accordance with agreed local and national standards
- Take samples from patients for testing or dispatching eg: Urine, sputum, faeces, MRSA swabs, blood sugars and blood samples
- Undertake clinical duties relevant to clinical area following achievement of competencies
- Assist to maintain patient safety, conforming to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in maintaining standards of care to improve the patient experience and outcome of care
- Promote equality in care and practice by recognising, respecting and meeting the needs and choices of individuals
- Contribute to maintaining safe, clean, and productive care environment, compliant with standards for hygiene and cleanliness.
- Maintain and develop own competence
- Actively try to resolve issues and complaints at local level and then report the outcome to line manager