As the Discovery portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
Within our Information Security team, there has never been a busier or more urgent time to obtain the best talent we can for this critical function. In light of the constant threats and attacks occurring in companies across the globe, and across all industries, the Information Security Team at Discovery is a growing group of cyber security professionals, using the latest tools and resources to protect the assets from our internal infrastructure to the shows we broadcast across the globe on Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery ID, TLC, EuroSport, TVN, and more. From the US to Singapore, Poland, India to LA, we are tasked with protecting, training, and implementing the best of the best in tools, resources, monitoring, threat detection, and more.
The IT Security Architect is a critical technical role responsible for ensuring the secure design and compliance of Discovery enterprise architecture to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs. This candidate will be considered a technical expert. Ideal candidates will have the following expectations, execute architecture design reviews to evaluate security controls and identify opportunities to enhance the security posture of Discovery business environments, build relationships with infrastructure architects and engineering leads to disseminate and explain secure design methodologies and policies. Ideal candidates will also understand the landscape and components of cutting-edge architectures and the methods to securely deploy them.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical leadership and consultation for infrastructure architects and engineers to ensure the secure deployment of technology.
- As part of a team, ensure the adoption of security architecture and engineering initiatives in order to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs.
- Drive consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventative control sets.
- Understand technical security issues and the implications to Discovery businesses and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders.
- Understand emerging security technologies and determine the appropriate use within business applications.
- Maintain and enforce Discovery’s cybersecurity policies and secure design documentation.
- Execute and improve on Discovery’s Security architecture review process and ensure compliance for all business initiatives.
- Architect global programs that deploy strong security patterns and controls across applications and computing environments, while addressing security, business resiliency, privacy and compliance frameworks
- Identify security vulnerabilities and guide developers and engineers in addressing these issues
- Improve architectural adoption through automation and efficiently use security tools to solve challenges at scale.
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk, where applicable
- Collaborate with our corporate functions including Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Privacy, and Sourcing to ensure that Discovery maintains a strong cybersecurity posture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline or 6+ years of previous technical experience, specifically security architecture experience.
- Security certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate within the context of the intended audience, whether that be senior executives or highly technical engineering resources.
- Detailed understanding of the threats faced by direct to consumer and digital platform organizations.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Go etc.)
- Proven hands on experience securing cloud infrastructure
- Proven hands on experience securing global hybrid architectures from both a compute and network infrastructure perspective
- Proven hands on experience securing operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, MacOS etc.)
- Proven hands on experience with application security topics such as the OWASP top 10 and technical remediations required
- Detailed technical experience supporting and implementing SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar) and the ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage.
- Thorough understanding of Network and Compute architectures and, specifically the security aspects thereof.
- Thorough understanding of compliance and regulatory frameworks and how they affect architecture designs and reviews.
- hybrid work model
- Free access to player.pl and HBO Max
- Benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
- Work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
- Training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
- CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
- Casual dress code
- Parking space available for booking
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY