Under general direction and reporting to the Field Supervisor, perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in the construction and maintenance of Public Works facilities and grounds; drive a small truck and operate specialized maintenance equipment; and perform other duties as assigned. This position may serve as a seasonal lead person.Job Duties
- Operate pumps, mowers, weed whackers, manual and power tools, trucks and vehicles.
- Respond to internal and external questions and requests.
- Back fill trenches.
- Load and unload trucks of heavy materials.
- Shovel asphalt/rock, sand, and gravel.
- Spread and rake asphalt.
- Take initiative to cross train self and others to strengthen knowledge base and provide support to other departments or divisions.
- Perform operational duties – individually, as a team member, or as a team leader.
- Assist other departments as assigned.
- Check tires, oil, lubricants, water levels, lights and fuel in vehicles and equipment.
- Wash, adjust, and perform minor repair and maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain time and other records.
- Ensure and reinforce use and compliance of safety protocols, both on and off job sites, for self and others.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Six months of lawn care, grounds or facilities operations or maintenance experience;
- Or equivalent education and experience meeting the required qualifications for the position.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Current Class A or B CDL with Air Break Endorsement.
- Welding and/or fabricating experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Duties require sitting, standing, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, grasping and repetitive motions; near and far vision (with or without corrective device); lifting, dragging, and pushing vehicles, motors, engines, and equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds (assisted or unassisted); ability to hear (with or without corrective device); work with power and noise-producing tools and equipment; and driving motorized vehicles.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, including wet, hot and cold, indoors and outdoors; during a range of shifts including evenings and weekends; in response to weather-related emergencies; and on an on-call basis including holidays and weekends. Supplemental Information
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
See also: The USA States with The Lowest Cost of Living and Highest Quality of Life
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY