The Personal Counsellor works as part of the Middle-High School Administrative Team; provides advisement with students/parents/faculty individually, in small/large groups on all aspects of educational planning, & development/implementation of programs to meet needs of students & parents; collection & reporting of data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- MA & certification in school counselling preferred
- BA degree, preferably in Educational Leadership
- Teaching certification issued from an accredited agency (desirable but not essential)
- Understanding of standards-based education, High School curriculums, AP and IB programmes
- Knowledge of University/College application process.
- In-depth knowledge of adolescent issues and current information sources
- Instructional expertise bridging all grade levels
- Family and student counselling
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams in a variety of circumstances.
- Learning Support Knowledge will add an advantage
- Provide class guidance lessons as required Work full time with students from Grades 9-12 Support the development and organisation of the MHS Advisory and Pastoral Programme in line with ISI and ACS requirements
- Responsibility of new student/welcome orientation program
- Support course selections processes
- Support college counsellors with University applications
- Assist with reviewing quarterly and semester student reports and academic updates in collaboration with the Assistant Principals and Head of Years To lead with implementation of the pastoral programme Keep students and parents informed through mailings, e-mails, web presence, notice boards and meetings of pastoral/guidance issues
- Member of the MHS Student Study Team
- To counsel students with learning, physical, social, and emotional concerns through conferences held with students on the basis of teacher, parent, principal, or student self-referral
- To refer students for specialist help and support where required
- Coordinate with the boarding staff to support boarding students with physical, emotional or social concerns
- Present information to parents and students on issues relating to physical, emotional and social concerns
- To liaise with admissions to support prospective visits from students
- To lead the co-curricular activities programme
- Work with the student ambassadors to promote school spirit To know, follow and understand appropriate laws relating to safeguarding and child welfare Coordinate school assemblies, team building days, theme weeks and field trips
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal.
See also: Top Websites to Find UAE Jobs For Foreigners
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY