The primary purpose of this position is to provide each of the assigned residents with routine daily care by assisting with direct resident care duties and indirect resident care duties, as directed by the charge nurse, and/or certified nursing assistants.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist residents in dressing and personal hygiene.
- Assist CNA’s with residents requiring 2-staff transfer except in mechanical transfers.
- Make occupied bed.
- Assist in obtaining weights.
- Provide full or partial bed bath.
- Perform incontinent care in bed to residents who can move in bed.
- Assist residents who are not on swallowing or aspiration risk with meals.
- Pass, set up, and collect trays.
- Place belongings within resident’s reach (call light, glasses, TV remote, glasses, etc.)
- Answers call bells in a timely manner.
- Make unoccupied bed.
- Empty commodes and urinals.
- Transport residents to the dining room for meals.
- Accompanying residents on outside appointments as needed.
- Visit with residents providing 1:1 supportive interaction (i.e., read their mail, newspapers, or books to them, transport them for visits outdoors when within residents’ care plan, transport to activities, transport to hairdresser, help to write letters, make telephone calls, etc.)
- Assist residents in communication involving technology (zoom, face time, skype, google meet, etc.).
- Assist with monitoring residents to maintain safety providing 1:1 supervision as needed.
- Organize, straighten, and clean closets and dressers (i.e., clothes hung neatly on hangers in closet, folded neatly in drawers, trash and soiled laundry removed.)
- Ensure personal care items are put away and stocked (check with Team Leaders or Nurse Manager for appropriate stock.)
- Gather supplies need for provisions of care, passing out linens.
- Pass out drinks to independent residents who are not at risk for impaired swallowing/aspiration, check residents’ drinks at bedside and verbally encourage residents to drink.
- Report resident’s intake to Team Leaders.
- Offer the resident nourishments and/or distribute nourishments from the dietary department.
- Check fall precautions: bed monitor, mats, and personal alarms.
- Check and clean dirty wheelchairs after each meal or after incontinent episode.
- Check and clean tub and shower room.
- Greet newly admitted residents upon admission, escort to room as necessary, receive paperwork from referring agency, and inform Unit Manager/Charge Nurse of arrival.
- Assist with inventory of new admissions.
- Assist in arranging for and making appointments for diagnostic therapeutic services.
- Direct visitors to residents’ rooms, office areas, etc.
- Photocopy and fax per the needs of the unit.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:Will meet all physical requirements of the position as identified by the facility policies and proceduresrelated to functional job analysis.
Entry Level, Health Care, Nonprofit – Social Services