8231 E Stockton BlvdSte A, Sacramento, California, 95828-8202, United States of America
Registered Nurse – Home Hemodialysis
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized individual who is passionate about patient care and excited for the opportunity to independently manage their cases with confidence and accountability. As a Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN), you will be providing education on Home Hemodialysis to your patients and their care givers in a clinical setting, which then allows them to dialyze from home. You have responsibility over the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track.
Dialysis Experience is NOT required. Nephrology nursing provides a fresh lens & set of skills to those newly entering the field.
What you can expect:
• Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
o Apply your “core” nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. As a case manager, you will track and organize your patients. With the pride of ownership comes the joy of witnessing how your care impacts patients’ lives.
• Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
o Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong, independent, and able to do the daily things that they love. Educating patients on their options when it comes to dialysis not only helps them own their journey, but also expands the program to people who will benefit greatly from HHD.
• Wear many hats from Nurse, to Coach, to Leader.
o You will work independently, while also building deep relationships with patients, support systems, and care partners.
• Typically an 8 hour day Monday through Friday, with weekends and holidays off!
• Flexibility as you manage your own cases, and as a result own your own schedule.
• Scheduled home visits and on-call shifts vary by program, and are compensated accordingly.
What we’ll provide:
• Clear, and competitive career progression for a lifetime nursing career.
• If you are new to dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
• Annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement. 100+ CEU courses at no cost.
• Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, family resources, mental health resources, back-up child and elder care and so much more.
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
• Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
• Current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
• Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis (PD), or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
• Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
• Previous case management experience
• Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth technologies
• Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
See also: Top USA Job Sites for Foreigners
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY