Canadian Plasma Resources (CPR) is a pharmaceutical manufacturer licensed by Health Canada and certified by the European Union (EU) and the International Quality Plasma Program (IQPP). CPR is a source member of Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA).
CPR collects quality plasma from healthy donors. That plasma is used for further manufacturing into therapies to treat a variety of health conditions.
The Registered Nurse serves as the primary physician and medical authority for the Plasma Centre. They release donors for donations, provide counselling for donors, inform donors in case of positive test results and provide medical aid in case of adverse reactions.
To ensure that all donors meet the requirements for donating plasma in Canada and their safety, care and comfort are prioritized during the entire donation process.
Training and providing guidance regarding technical and medical procedures to the Donation and Reception Staff.
- Perform donor screening and suitability assessment
- Overseeing donor selection criteria and releasing them for donations.
- Providing counselling regarding donor safety and care.
- Informing donors of positive viral marker test results.
- Performing emergency medical procedures in case of serious adverse reactions in donors.
Qualifications and Skills
A registered nurse with an active license in the operating province in Canada
- At least 2 years of experience with general medical procedures, including emergency medical aid
- Proven ability to train and effectively communicate instructions
- Excellent bedside manners
- Meticulous record-keeping
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $83,200.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Were you referred by a current employee of Canadian Plasma Resources? If so, please indicate their name.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
Work Location: One location
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY