Job title: Registered Nurse
Location: Bupa Aston Court Care Home, Little Aston Hall Drive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 3BF
Salary: £18.50 – £20.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Contract: Permanent or Part time
Shift Pattern: Days
Welcome Bonus: £1,000, plus paid breaks
We make health happen
Here at Bupa we support those when they need it the most. Our care homes are dedicated to delivering person-centred care, supporting independence and honouring choice to help our residents live their best lives.
You know how important it is to be passionate about caring. It’s what drives you. As a highly respected member of our amazing team, you play a pivotal role. As a Registered Nurse, with a valid NMC pin, you’ll be responsible for driving and running the unit alongside clinical duties in the home. This includes observation, medication, reviewing and evaluating individual care plans, and providing clinical guidance to the care team and delivering best practice continually. You’re accountable for making sure policies and standards meet our high clinical standard and offering clinical guidance to the whole care team, being crucial in helping with all CQC tasks. Highly trusted, you’ll forge a real connection with our residents and their family, giving them the kindness and support and care they deserve.
We’ll train you on all aspects of our new digital care, which is transforming how we work, making things easier and letting you focus on clinical excellence and care for our residents.
And as healthcare experts for over 75 years, we’re committed to continually training you in the clinical and social care developments you need to do your job as a Nurse, learning from some of the best people in the industry from the UK and Globally. It’s an exciting time to be with us.
You’ll help us make health happen by:
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents and making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Coaching and guiding the team, providing formal and informal teaching programmes for colleagues and other care professionals
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health – from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
- My Healthcare – Quick, easy access to support, advice, and treatment for a variety of health-related issues, including remote GP appointments, physiotherapy and mental health support – all available via one phone number 24/7
- Annual allowance which you can redeem against a menu of Bupa healthcare products, all to the approximate value of £350
- Free meal on every shift
- 28 days holiday
- Long service – For every milestone at Bupa we will reward you with ecards, extra holidays and money!
- Interest-free annual travel loan to enable the purchase of public transport annual season tickets
- Wagestream – Have early access to up to 40% of your earned wages within minutes
- NMC annual pin payment (£120) reimbursed
- We offer a range of Bupa pension plans – find out more on our career site
- Parental leave – We have schemes for adoption, birth parents and co parents -find out more on our career site
- Menopause Plan – Specifically designed to empower women to seek advice, choose their treatment and take control of their health
- Access to discounts at a wide variety of gyms and fitness facilities across the UK
- Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to “Be you at Bupa”, we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. That’s why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Should you be successfully hired in to this role, we are pleased to be able to offer you a one-off Starter Bonus of £1,000 as a thank you for deciding to join Bupa Care Services. The Starter Bonus will be paid to you in the next available pay run once you have completed four weeks’ service and will be subject to deductions for tax and NI. T&Cs Apply