Carewest Innovative Health Care Calgary, AB
- 1,001-5,000 employees · Hospitals and Health Care
About the job
Here’s your chance to be a part of our story! Carewest is one of Calgary’s leaders in exceptional care and we are looking for passionate helpers to join our team.At Carewest, our mission is to support all clients in maintaining their quality of life as they transition through their health care journey. Our core values of Caring, Relationships, Learning and Responsibility guide how we provide care to those who need it the most.With a strong focus on delivering quality care & safety to our residents & clients we strive to attract innovative thinkers looking for a rewarding career.Help us make a difference and connect with us today!The OpportunitySarcee Unit 3 is a 50 bed LTC unit. We care for frail seniors whose needs cannot be met in a Supportive Living Environment and require ongoing nursing care and an Interdisciplinary Team in order to maintain/improve quality of life.We are actively seeking a RN who functions effectively in a fast paced, sub-acute rehabilitation inpatient setting. As a RN you are part of an interprofessional team utilizing nursing processes, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills. You will be guided by your education, experience, demonstrated skill level and Carewest Policies and Procedures. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality client and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of Carewest. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to client and family centered care, health promotion and maintenance.Required Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CRNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Demonstrated leadership is critical for success in this position
- Minimum 3 years acute care nursing experience within the last 5 years required
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Nursing experience within the last 3 years in the following areas preferred: LTC, Geriatric care, Supportive Living
- Experience preceptoring or mentoring RN students and staff
- Experience with following skills: Intravenous, hydrations, G Tube Care, end of life, MDS, wound management, administration of medications
- Knowledge of the following programs: Netcare, SCM, Connect Care, Paris
- CNA certification in : Gerontology GNC (C) , Wound, Ostomy or SWAT, End of Life Care and Continence WOCC (C)
About Carewest:We select dedicated people just like you to care for our clients, those who offer compassion, knowledge and commitment to the treatment, progress, outcomes and lives of our clients. We are motivated to employ individuals who are passionate about what they do and, are naturally driven to uphold our client-centered approach, contribute to best-practice solutions and a desire to take their careers to the next level within Carewest.We are one of Canada’s largest public healthcare providers of complex continuing care, rehabilitation and recovery services, and a wide variety of community programs for both seniors and others requiring specialized care. With 13 locations across Calgary and a team of over 3000 employees, we offer a diverse, interdisciplinary, and expert community of health care professionals. Our innovative practices allow for optimal opportunities to learn, grow, and excel with us.Successful applicants not currently working for Carewest will need to provide a suitable police records check and vulnerable sector screen. Successful applicants may need to provide immunization records for positions in certain environments. Carewest is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people and communities we serve. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. For more information on Carewest, please visit our website at carewest.ca.