Full Job Description
POLICY: Registered Nurses perform their role within their scope of practice as outlined in Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario. They are also accountable to and mindful of all applicable legislation e.g. Long Term Care Homes Act – 2007, Nursing Act, 1991 and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The Registered Nurse is responsible to the VP Clinical Care/VP Nursing Programs. The Registered Nurse will provide professional nursing care to residents, supervise and coordinate care given by Registered Practical Nurses and non-registered staff. He/she is required to plan, direct and co-ordinate all activities necessary for the management of assigned Resident Home Areas and will work closely with the VP Nursing, RAI-MDS Coordinator, Attending Physicians and the Multi-disciplinary Team.
· Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurse of Ontario verified on date of hire & proof of renewal annually.
· Experience in restorative care and long-term nursing preferred.
· Skill in planning, coordinating and supervising of other nursing personnel and support service staff.
· Proficiency in interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proficiency in completion of all components of RAI-MDS within the Point Click Care documentation system.
· Maturity and good physical and mental health. Maintains a professional working relationship with all personnel in the Home.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45.00-$50.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gloucester, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-25
Expected start date: 2023-01-25