Yukon’s busy Infrastructure Development Branch is seeking an engineer, architect, Red Seal in carpentry, plumbing or electrical, or other professional with project management skills to help plan and implement its capital program. As a Project Manager, you will play a key role in helping the Infrastructure Development Branch deliver on its mandate to provide project management services for public infrastructure development initiatives across Yukon municipalities as well as First Nations and unincorporated communities.
Drawing on your experience managing or assisting in municipal infrastructure (or other similar construction projects), you will help plan and implement the Branch Capital Program. This will involve managing your own projects while assisting senior project managers negotiate and deliver services to various clients. You will build positive and enduring working relationships with clients, while project managing a wide range of infrastructure projects generally related to water, sewage, roadwork, flood protection, solid waste, green energy, sport and recreation facilities and more. The office environment is collaborative, with a wide variety of skills brought together, in order to deliver projects, make the most of individual talents and support each other.
Community Services provides a diverse range of support to communities. There may be opportunities to provide temporary support to other units such as emergency response to flooding working with the Emergency Measures Organization.
Community Services – who we are…
The Department of Community Services is working to build vibrant, healthy, and sustainable Yukon communities. The department does this through the provision of a diverse range of services to Yukon communities. We are committed to our core values! At Community Services we believe Respect is the foundation of our organization, Collaboration is achieved through inclusive approaches and sharing of diverse perspectives, Service Excellence is the standard for all our interactions, and Integrity is achieved through honest, committed, and accountable public service.
For more information about this position, please contact Ben Hancock, A/Infrastructure Program Manager, at Ben.Hancock@yukon.ca.
For more information related to the competition process, please contact: Lauren Teiman, Human Resource Consultant, at Lauren.Teiman@yukon.ca.
Please note do not submit your resume or application to these email addresses.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Ensure a month/year format is used for each work experience. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- A degree or diploma in engineering, architecture or engineering or architectural technology. A Red Seal designation in carpentry, plumbing, electrical or a professional designation in project management will be equally considered.
- Experience managing projects, or assisting in the delivery of construction projects;
- Experience working with construction procurement and contracts;
- Experience in, and technical knowledge of, municipal or community infrastructure project planning and execution, stakeholder management and permitting process may be considered an asset; and,
- Experience working with First Nations and/or small communities may be considered as an asset.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on their:
- Strong interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making
- Strong writing skills related to project management documents
- Committed to delivering quality internal and external service within strict timelines
- Ability to develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge relating to budget management, scheduling and work plan preparation.
Conditions of Employment: Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence.
Job Requirements: Willingness to travel is a requirement of this position.
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY