Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our Construction Management team. The role of Project Manager requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to self-direct, strong background in project/construction management, client representation and marketing professional services as well as personnel management. The ideal candidate will have experience in overall project team selection, site selection and value judgment decision making.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Overall accountability for the planning, design, permitting, construction, and turnover of construction projects
- Deliver projects on-time, on budget, and to mutually agreed expectations
- Lead or assist with creation and validation of pro-forma documentation (as appropriate).
- Lead or assist client in determining appropriate team and team structure for the project.
- Lead or assist with developing and accessing procurement strategies and delivery of FF&E or other segments of the client’s budget.
- Lead or provide support in site selection analysis and decision making.
- Facilitate involvement of the project’s key stakeholders at appropriate levels and times.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate hand off the facility to client’s operations personnel.
- Develop or advise on development of warranty strategies.
- Lead or assist with development and management of overall project budget, as appropriate to meet client requirements.
- Guide design development and construction through the applicable funding requirements and government processes at Federal, State and Local levels.
- Guide design development through applicable sustainability reviews or building certification preparations to meet project/client requirements.
- Support client’s project administrative needs as appropriate.
- Contribute and own the development of program processes and tools that facilitate consistency and quality execution across the project/program.
- Drive to various job sites/offices.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university.*
- 5-9 years of project and construction management experience.
- Experience with progressive design-build or other alternate delivery methods preferred.
- Experience with critical facility projects/clients.
- Demonstrated understanding of green and sustainable building practices, LEED™ Accredited Professional a plus.
- Experience with web-based project management tools.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Front Page, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Bluebeam Revu, Microsoft Project, or other scheduling software.
- Demonstrated experience in management of professional staff.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
*Foreign degree equivalent is acceptable.
Why Work for Us
At OAC we know we are not perfect; therefore, we are committed to continually looking for ways to grow and improve. We are committed to being known as a “best place to work”; in fact, it’s a strategic goal of ours that we are consistently analyzing and working on. We are dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and sense of belonging for all our employees, and we are committed to make better happen – for our employees, our clients, and our community. We pay all our employees equitably for substantially similar work and offer a total rewards package that is competitive. At the time of this job posting, the annual base pay for this role in the Olympia area is between $85,680 and $133,280. Base pay is determined through analyzing various factors, including (but not limited to): location, skills, experience, education, knowledge, internal equity, industry indicators, external market factors, and the availability of skilled professionals in the area.
In addition to base pay, our benefits include:
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work arrangements (when feasible)
- Health benefits for both single employees and families that are above those generally provided by our peers
- 100% company paid coverage for employee medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 70% premium coverage spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- The choice between two medical coverage options and two dental plans
- Company paid coverage for employees and dependents for on-demand primary medical care
- Health savings account with company contribution provided
- Health care, limited purpose, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short-term, long-term, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance plans
- Paid parental leave in addition to state parental leave benefits
- 401K retirement plan and up to 5% match of annual
- Commuting benefit for transit or parking costs
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Company purchased iPhone or monthly phone reimbursement
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Annual charitable donation matching
- Opportunity to purchase company stock when offered and eligible
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Voluntary AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Voluntary Norton LifeLock ID Theft Protection
- Generous paid time off including flexible personal holidays, vacation, and sick time
See also: Companies in the USA Offering Visa Sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY