What is the opportunity?
A key member of the client relationship team, the Private Banking Advisor is responsible for providing support, service, and advice to high net worth Private Banking clients through day-to-day interactions. You will support the high net worth client relationship team by delivering tailored advice and solutions to clients, by proactively and diligently enabling clients to digitally self-serve, by assisting in the acquisition of new high net worth households, and by deepening existing long-term relationships.
What will you do?
- Deliver high-end client experience and day-to-day banking advice to high net worth Canadians following all five principles of the Black Card Experience
- Proactively contribute to business development by creating ideas in weekly planning/strategy sessions with follow-up and execution of planned activities
- Conduct comprehensive banking reviews with all new households and with existing clients as appropriate
- After proper discovery and analysis, deliver financial advice through the presentation of options with a recommendation that clearly articulates the value to the client
- Clearly outline to clients the expected steps of every process and keep them apprised of the status of their inquiry/request
- Inform clients of the various banking channel options available to them to make it convenient and easy to do business with RBC
- Work with clients’ children to deliver financial literacy
What do you need to succeed?
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
- Successful completion of the Investment Funds in Canada course (IFC) and/or the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Successful completion of the Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA) course and/or the Fundamentals of Personal Finance (0700) course, or willingness to complete within one year
- A minimum of two years of relevant financial services industry experience, preferably with high net worth clients
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Solid understanding of RBC’s complex day-to-day banking products, services, and digital solutions
- Good understanding of investment fundamentals and cash management principles
- University degree in Finance or related field
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Address:EDMONTON, Alberta, Canada
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Personal and Commercial Banking
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY