The Hamilton International School (THIS) is one of Doha’s premier schools and opened in 2019. We offer a unique opportunity to be a class teacher in a recently opened school. Our world class facilities and exciting curriculum will attract the very best teachers, as we aim to provide amazing learning opportunities for our students.
What your school offers
The school offers an environment which is positive, caring, friendly and learner focused. We are building a team who are committed, enthusiastic and collaborative. We aspire to recruit Elementary / Early Years Teachers who not only support students, but support each other; we want you to thoroughly enjoy coming to school and making a difference to the lives of others.
When you join THIS, you also join ISP (International Schools Partnership), a group of 60+ schools located across the world. We offer you the opportunity to join our determined and energetic team as we embark on a unique educational journey to become the premium school of choice in Doha
As a new purpose-built school, we are privileged to have a range of world-class facilities and our spacious, well-resourced classrooms and learning areas will be filled with natural light, providing excellent conditions for learning.
We place teaching and learning at the very core of what we do. The Hamilton International School embraces the individuality of every learner. We will support student learning through a robust, child-focused curriculum and enriching extra-curricular programs.
In Elementary, we offer a high quality bespoke international curriculum. We follow the IEYC (International Early Years Curriculum) and the IPC (International Primary Curriculum), alongside the UK and US Curriculum objectives.
- The largest theatre in any school in Qatar – with an auditorium and balcony to seat over 850 guests, an orchestra pit, a large stage, and a fully equipped production room. We will nurture a fully-fledged performing arts programme and it will be used to host concerts, performances and other events.
- A dedicated indoor sports centre with a full-sized basketball court, two swimming pools, tennis courts, dance studios and a fitness centre, as well as seating for large sporting events.
- Outside sporting facilities include a FIFA-certified football pitch and an athletics track that will set a new standard for schools in Doha.
- World-class science laboratories and ICT suites equipped with the latest digital learning technology will deliver an outstanding and broad education to our students.
- A large black box performing space.
- Exceptional music and production facilities with soundproof rooms, practice rooms, and a sound editing suite, enabling our students to fully experience and appreciate all aspects of producing and executing a performance.
- Creative arts focused breakout rooms, an interactive space in our libraries for collaboration and group work, a media room with a TV studio, and a green screen and editing suite.
We will ensure safety, wellbeing and happiness this is at the forefront of everything we do. We will be a truly inclusive community school – we embrace the individuality and cultural identity of every child.
To find out more about THIS, we encourage you to visit our website: https://hamiltoninternationalschool.qa/
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Housing allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual flights to your home country
Due to the significant growth in our students numbers across the school, we’re looking for a class teacher to join our amazing team who:
- Is deeply passionate about teaching and learning
- Approaches school life with enthusiasm and a commitment to ‘make a difference’ to the children at THIS
- Is innovative, flexible, creative and enthusiastic
- Embraces the opportunity to be part of a new school
- Develops exciting, innovative lesson plans which meet established school and national curriculum models
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students, embracing each child as an individual
- Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Possesses and continually develops working knowledge of national curriculum programme and frameworks
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students
- Communicates with any and all other staff members who engage with students
- Communicates with parents as per school guidelines on a regular basis, including presenting student progress reports and informing parents of requisite student discipline
- Maintains high levels of behaviour among students, while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines
- Attends (and contributes to) continuous professional development
- Attends and takes part in school meetings on curriculum, organisation, and guidelines.
Child Safeguarding and Protection
THIS is fully committed to students’ safeguarding and protection. The selected applicants will be required to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within our school, as well as adhere to and ensure compliance with The Hamilton International School’s child protection policies and procedures.
Criminal Background Checks
All successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory Criminal Background Checks covering the 10 years prior to their start date with the school; this will cover all countries of residence during that period.
Thank you for considering The Hamilton International School as your next place of employment. We regularly update this page with teaching, support and administrative positions.
Please complete the Tes online application form and upload your Curriculum Vitae along with your application cover letter (maximum 1 side of A4). You should also include the details of three professional referees.
The Hamilton International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and criminal record checks. A minimum of 3 years teaching experience is required, preferably with experience of the UK National Curriculum.