J Tomlinson are a family-owned business with over 50 years’ experience, we are proud of our safety record and how we engage our team. We believe in great customer relationships which is shown in the long-term relationships we have had with our customers. You may have seen our vans around the area providing great service to our customers.
What you will be doing?
- Applies coats of plaster to interior walls, ceilings, and partitions of buildings, to produce finished surface, according to blueprints, architect’s drawings, or oral instructions, using hand tools and portable power tools
- Spreads plaster over lath or masonry base, using trowel, and smooths plaster with Darby and float to attain uniform thickness.
- Applies scratch, brown, or finish coats of plaster to wood, metal, or board lath successively.
- Creates decorative textures in finish coat by marking surface of coat with brush and trowel or by spattering surface with pebbles.
How can you add value to our business?
We are looking for new team members, we thrive on hiring people for their attitude and drive and not just their skills. Are you someone who likes to solve problems, can think on their feet whilst brining your whole self to work? We want to change the face of construction as people see it and are committed to creating a diverse and happy workforce. We like to have a buzz in our teams and for people to get involved and those who have a desire to help.
We are looking for people who like dogs too…..(or any animals really!)
What we offer in return?
Our benefits are as diverse as the people we employ;
- Life assurance from day one of employment
- ECP free in our car park
- Annual leave purchase
- Commitment to your training and development we already have over 35 apprentices in our business already and growing of all ages
- Employee Assistance Programme as you would expect from a business of our size
- Tools for your job provided
See also: Unskilled jobs with visa sponsorship in the UK