An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer of construction equipment to join a well-established business in Cheltenham!
You will be joining a family-owned business representing a leading brand in the industry. With over 40 years of experience, the company is proud to provide world-class service through specialised sales, parts, and service teams.
Key Requirement: NVQ level 3 in Plant/Mechanical engineering as a minimum, or at least NVQ level 2 with excellent knowledge and experience
Operating across 6 depots in the Southwest and South Wales Territory
Salary: £31200 – £37440 + Overtime
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.00 – 16.30 standard + overtime, call and weekends as/when demands.
This company has internal progression and promotional opportunities at the heart of its culture. As a forward-thinking company with strategic expansion plans, its team of engineers is the backbone of the business, fostering team camaraderie while delivering first-class service.
- Competitive Salary
- Overtime at 1.5x salary / over 4hrs 2x Salary
- Tool Allowance
- Life Assurance (3x basic salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offering Legal, Mental Health, and Medical Support through a personalised app.
- Health Cash Plan to support healthcare costs.
- Occupational Health Provision for your well-being
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Additional Holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
- In-house trainer dedicated to training and developing our engineers.
- Opportunity to work with market-leading telematics systems.
- Involvement with the development of electric machines
- Pioneering work on hydrogen engines for the future
- Training at a designated headquarters
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service, repair, and maintain machinery to manufacturer specifications to ensure reliability and safety.
- Report equipment issues and promote our services for potential upselling opportunities.
- Diagnose and rectify various faults.
- Operate diagnostic software via a laptop (training provided).
- Document work completed and allocated times using our in-house systems.
- Conduct risk assessments in line with company health and safety policy.
- Accurately order parts through the parts department.
- Collaborate closely with the service department and management team.
- Fulfil any other duties necessary to perform the role effectively.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience and qualifications (NVQ level 3 in Plant/Mechanical engineering as a minimum, or at least NVQ level 2 with excellent knowledge and experience)
- Experience in construction equipment, mechanics, electrics, hydraulics, transmissions, and fault finding.
- Good IT skills.
- Knowledge and experience of various machinery.
- Relationship-building skills to interact effectively with customers.
- Strong communication skills for internal and external interactions.
- Effective time management to complete tasks within deadlines without compromising safety.
- Professional presentation always.
- Must hold a full driving license and could operate machinery on-site for testing purposes (training provided for the right candidate).
**For full details please contact Ellis Mears at the Gloucester Pertemps Office
- Contact: Ellis Mears295
- Reference: Totaljobs/295100393
- Job ID: 101155700