- Be the difference. Enjoy great rewards and benefits.
- Permanent Part Time positions available:
- 1 x Night Duty position
- 1 x AM/PM shifts position
- Bupa Health Insurance & Goodlife Health Club discounts
- Salary Packaging benefits up to $15,900 annually to maximise your take home pay
About the role
Working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide high-quality personal care to our residents based on their individual needs.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
assisting them with daily tasks and activities personal care and mobility
- working within the team to help develop and deliver person-centred care plans
- respectfully assisting residents with meals and drinks to make it a pleasurable and safe experience
- promoting independence and confidence by encouraging a resident to give things a go (i.e. to do things with a resident rather than do things for a resident)
- supporting and nurturing a partnership with each resident by recognising what is important to them as well as what is important for their own health
- supporting residents to make choices about their lifestyle and activities of daily living, in line with their care plan
For further details regarding the scope of the role, please refer to our website or the attached position description.
We are looking for people who will be the difference in the lives of our residents and clients.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) or Certificate III in Aged Care
- Demonstrated experience in a personal carer role to be able to work without direct supervision
- Sound best practice personal and clinical care skills appropriate to the role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound time management to manage own workload to complete tasks within the allocated time
- Excellent understanding of the requirements to support residents living with dementia including those who display challenging behaviours
- Senior First Aid Certificate – desirable
- An understanding of AN-ACC requirements – desirable
Southern Cross Care is one of Australia’s leading charitable aged care and retirement living service providers. We value the diversity in our team, live and breathe our values and offer salary packaging benefits to maximise your take-home pay.
When you work for us, we value you as an individual, care for your well-being and develop your skills to help you build your career. We reward creativity and provide the stability and flexibility you need. When you work for us, you work better for life.
Applications close: 4pm on Friday, 31st of March 2023