Occupational Health Nurse Advisor at Wales & West Utilities, Ontario

Application ends: March 31, 2023
Apply Now

Job Description

Salary: £44,194 rising to £50,514

Business Area: Occupational Health

Location: Based in Wales or the southwest of England

Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)

Working hours/pattern: 37 hours Monday to Friday

Closing date for applications: 27th March 2023

Who are we?

We are a gas distribution business that services the gas infrastructure across Wales and the south-west of England. We serve our customers and communities with safe, reliable, and affordable energy services whilst investing to create a sustainable future to deliver our carbon-free vision for 2050.

What we’re looking for?

We are looking for an NMC registered Nurse with experience in OH, or a recognised OH qualification, to join our busy and progressive team.

You will have the opportunity to be part of a team who believes in continual improvement, personal development and making the most of our strengths. We’d love to hear from you if you have the skills we need or are looking to develop your knowledge of health surveillance and Wellbeing.

Based from one of our offices, you will help us to look after the health and Wellbeing of our colleagues in Wales and/or the south west of England.

You will need your own transport and some occasional overnight stays may be needed.

We’ll trust you to:

Provide a professional Occupational Health (OH) service to our colleagues, including:

  • Supporting an effective and timely health surveillance screening service in line with HSE guidance and company requirements
  • Providing useful and up to date medical information and guidance to managers and colleagues.
  • Contributing to development of strategy and planning to ensure a continually improving service.
  • Supporting and supervising our OH technicians in their role
  • Providing input into the effective management of short term and long term sickness absence at work

You can read a full job description here.

You’ll need to have:

  • Qualified in assessment of hand arm vibration to tier 3 level, or be willing to undertake the training as part of the role
  • Someone with knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly Equality Act & General Data Protection Regulations
  • Someone with a good working knowledge of Regulations related to vibration, noise & COSHH
  • Someone with awareness of the occupational health issues that may affect our colleagues, including stress, workplace hazards and occupational disease
  • Someone with the energy and ambition to help our team develop and succeed
  • Someone who enjoys working autonomously as well as being part of a team
  • The ability to work with initiative, prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
  • Someone who has good experience in using Microsoft packages and maintaining digital health records
  • Someone with a flexible approach, and who can adapt to unexpected and varied circumstances
  • Someone who is willing to undertake appropriate training to support OH requirements and activities
  • Someone with a full and valid UK driving license

We would also love to hear about anything else you feel you could add or bring to the role!

As we are a safety critical organisation, all offers of employment are subject to pre-employment drug & alcohol screening.

What’s in it for you?

  • A competitive salary starting at £44,194 rising to £50,514
  • Hybrid working
  • Flexible working opportunities
  • 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
  • Retirement Savings Plan (pension) with Aviva: 5% employee contribution, with WWU doubling your contribution at 10% – totalling 15%
  • 14 x salary Life Insurance linked to membership of the Retirement Savings Plan
  • “Choices” flexible benefit scheme options including corporate gym memberships, dental insurance, and health cash-plans
  • Access to our Financial Wellbeing Programme – allowing you to manage your benefits flexibly to suit your financial needs
  • Enhanced pay for parental leave
  • Retail discounts and cashback scheme
  • Annual salary review
  • Discretionary annual bonus
  • Company Sick Pay
  • In-house Occupational Health Team
  • Employee Assistance Programme
  • Comprehensive training