Faculty are responsible for preparing and delivering classes, designing, and grading student assignments and tests, and facilitating student integration of theory and practice. Faculty will also participate in program and faculty meetings, liaise with support staff, other staff, and faculty. Vancouver Island University places an emphasis on teaching excellence and encourages scholarly activity and community involvement.
Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching, learning and student success through scholarship and institutional service. Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities outside the classroom, including student support; institutional, faculty and departmental committee meetings and other initiatives; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines in and outside the institution. This position may require travel to a variety of practice settings on Vancouver Island.
- Registered professionals that fit into one of the following categories: Registered Nurse, Registered Therapist, Registered Psychologist, Medical Doctor, and/or Medical Doctor with FRCPC.
- Completed Master’s or Medical Doctor Degree from an appropriately accredited institution and current practicing membership in good standing with their regulatory college.
- Five years of full-time recent practice experience in different contexts of care ideally in the field of psychedelic assisted therapy.
- Successful candidates will be responsive to diverse cultural and academic backgrounds and learning styles.
- Ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a dynamic and creative program team.
- Proficiency with the application and integration of information technology to teaching.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Aboriginal ways of knowing and being.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and have a confirmed satisfactory driving record.
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY