MacLeod Port Hawkesbury is centrally-located on extensive landscaped grounds and is near all services and amenities in Port Hawkesbury. MacLeod Port Hawkesbury Nursing Home is a 66-bed MacLeod Cares home in Nova Scotia offering a mix of Residential Care Facility and Nursing Care beds and part of Macleod Group Health Services LTD (MGHSL). We are seeking individuals who are committed to service excellence and providing quality person centered care. MGHSL offers a positive, fair, fun, and productive workplaces where you can grow your career. We are looking for the best and brightest people who are committed in helping us maintain the highest standards in resident care.
The LPN will provide holistic resident care, taking into consideration their physical, emotional, spiritual, and psychological health needs. The LPN will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate Resident care within the LPN Scope of Practice. The LPN will function as a team leader and provide direction and supervision for Resident Care Workers in the Home.
In this leadership role, you will work within a team of highly skilled professionals who together, provide exceptional medical and compassionate care for our residents. Within the MGHSL you can expect to receive mentorship, training, and opportunities for professional growth. Whether you are just starting your career or have demonstrated a lifelong love for helping others. MGHSL strives to be industry leading while demonstrating exceptional care for our residents and their families.
· A Nurse who has successfully completed a recognized Practical Nursing Program including pharmacology, health assessment, and medication administration
· A Nurse with a current license with the College of Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia
· Able to provide proof of COVID Vaccination
· Certified in Safe Resident Handling
· A new or recent grad
· Or have previous nursing experience
MGHSL is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We encourage African Nova Scotian’s, Indigenous, people of colour, LGTBQ, and people with disabilities to apply.
Great people are the foundation of our success!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract, Casual
- 12 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Hawkesbury, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DCS / DEC (required)
- LPN license with the province of NS (required)
Work Location: One location