Jersey City, NJ
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
The J.P. Morgan Wealth Management (JPMWM) business is focused on helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals and is comprised of the Chase Wealth Management, J.P. Morgan Advisors and Online Investing platform. The combined franchise has ~$400 billion in Assets under Supervision and ~4,000 advisors who work out of 3,500 branches and 21 offices. The business is highly dynamic given the rapid evolution of customer behavior, presenting both challenges in how we evolve to meet customer needs as well as opportunities in how we serve our customers more efficiently and effectively.
The Planning team is part of JPMWM’s Product Finance office. The candidate will be responsible for determining the technology investment strategy for the Wealth Management business, building multi-year investment roadmaps for key strategic initiatives, tracking specific deliverables, prioritizing all projects in the book of work and managing that process across all business and technology stakeholders to ensure transparency on the process at all levels of the organization. In doing so, this team helps set and manage expectations for how we engage our clients, empower our employees, optimize our systems and transform our products to deliver balanced business outcomes.
The desired candidate will understand Wealth Management’s strategic priorities, guide the execution of intake processes, inform technology investments plans that may influence non-technology spend and financial outcomes, maintain visibility into the health of the portfolio, and identify and help drive process improvements. This person will work in partnership with key stakeholders spanning the Business, Finance, Technology, Digital, Operations, Strategy, and Field Management to deliver a seamlessly integrated and unified investment plan.
This role requires someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, where collaboration and strategic thinking are the norm. The position reports to the head of the Planning team supporting US Wealth Management and partners with the Private Bank.
- Engage closely with cross-functional stakeholders to drive investments that achieve business and client needs, while meeting critical deadlines and key control standards
- Assist in development of proper governance models, meeting cadence, and presentations for strategic level communications
- Drive disciplined performance management through the tracking and assessment of key performance indicators and financial benefits enabling transparency into achievement of long terms goals of our product and platforms and to inform more frequent budget allocation decisions
- Align with product delivery teams to ensure coordinated intake processes for product and technology teams and transparency of backlog delivery and change management across products, platforms, and lines of business
- Assist in the development and implementation of product/platform reporting that will measure value drivers, spend, team performance trends, future team productivity predictions, and skill set needs assessments
- Support JPMWM’s transformation and partner with other CCB portfolio managers to evolve from demand management, the current toolset, and processes into an agile, autonomous product centric environment
- Strong leader and change agent passionate about partnering with the JPMWM Product and Platform owners on driving results in a more autonomous product centric environment
- Expertise in business planning, portfolio management, product development or delivery; ability to partner with technology, finance, and product/platform teams to drive balanced business outcomes using agile product development techniques
- Outstanding written and verbal communications and ability to tailor message and style to different constituencies (e.g., Finance, Executive Management)
- Knowledge of Wealth Management, technology systems, and interdependencies with technology based solutions
- Strong personal management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple (and changing) project deliverables at same time
- Ability to influence and advise colleagues and functional partners
- Business savvy and commercial judgment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years relevant Financial Services experience
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Jersey City,NJ $114,000.00 – $165,000.00 / year